It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Tampa Bay Lightning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Tampa Bay plays Washington in game 6 tomorrow afternoon, should be a good game. I cant believe that after Washington won the first two games of the series, TB has won three in a row to go up 3 games to 2. If TB wins tomorrow, they will play the Devils in the first round. If Washington comes back to win the series, Washington would play Ottawa in the second round.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think that Tampa Bay will win Game 6 they finally look like they did in the Regular season, in the first 2 games they looked very nervous. Now it looks like they settled down and started to play Tampa Bay hockey. They are getting solid goaltending and they are shuting down Jagr. If the Lighting make it past i dont think that they will be able to stop the Devils.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I agree, I think Tampa Bay will beat Washington today. Khabibulin has been playing really well and it seems the Lightning have all the momentum. If they do win, I hope they can give the Devils a tough series, but Jersey is looking pretty good right now, not to mention they have been resting since they dumped the Bruins in 5.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Watching the game now, they're heading to the third overtime now. The way Kolzig and Khabibulin are playing, this game might last all night. I'm rooting for Tampa.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Tampa Bay out lasted the Caps in a great game. I enjoyed watching this game alot, and i knew that Tampa Bay had it in them to win this first round matchup. Tampa has been one of the hottest teams since the All-star break and if they keep it up they are going to be a very hard team to stop, if they can be stopped. I do believe that they will play the Devils in the next round and that should be a very good match-up to watch. But the devils will pull this one off. Broduer is playing to well lately.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   
tampa played really well, and congrats to their franchise for finally winning a playoff series; however, i dont expect them to fair too well against the tight defensed devils. it's possible they could win, but my money would be on jersey because brodeur is playing really solid hockey right now, and even thoguh kabibulin's OT performance was good, his performance throughout the entire series was not as marvelous. this will most likely be a series decided majorly upon goaltending

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i agree with you rangersfreak. Kabibulin is playing well but no good enough to lead them past the Devils. Kabibulin did enough to lead his team agaisnt the Caps, but it wasnt an every game performace, like Broduer. Devils in 5.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This should be a better series than most expect. I dont know if this long rest for the Devils is necessarily good, Tampa has alot of momentum after winning four in a row against the Caps and Kolzig. I do agree that goaltending will be the factor in this series, and both goalies are playing well. I'm going against the odds and picking the Bolts in 7.

new topics

top topics

join