It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Red Wings team to beat ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
"And the only things keeping the Red Wings from winning back-to-back Stanley Cups -- and four Cups in seven years -- is whether Joseph can duplicate the impeccable goaltending Detroit received from Dominik Hasek in the playoffs a year ago, and if coach Dave Lewis can do his best Scotty Bowman impersonation." - Larry Wigge, NHL.com

www.nhl.com...

I think the Red Wings have an excellent chance of winning the cup again, although Dallas and Colorado are tough as usual and Vancouver is much improved. They have so many veterans with playoff experience, I agree with the article that their fate is in CuJo's hands, he's gotta step up and stop the puck.

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Red wings have a great chance at winning the cup through out the season they proven that they still are the champs, and that they are the team to beat. CuJo is going to have to step up big, he is feeling huge shoes, and if they dont win the cup this year he might be the player to blame. Dallas and Colorado are going to be hard teams to beat cause of their solid goaltending. Dalls with a healty Turco, and Colorado with the great Roy. This should be fun.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What a game last night. In my opinion the Red Wings outplayed the Ducks but Giguere kept the Ducks in it with his goaltending and Kariya won it in 3 OT's. I was glad to see the Red Wings lose, I would like to see a different team come out of the West this year.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
yes that was a great game, it would be good to see the ducks win, although I doubt they could win it all.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
even if they can't win it all again, it's still great to see that younger teams that don't do as well in the regular season can win. also - while i respect the red wings for their players and their organization, there's something very snooty about the team, and how they seem to always expect to win, that really annoys me -

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersfreak224
there's something very snooty about the team, and how they seem to always expect to win, that really annoys me -

I am enjoying the Ducks beating the Red Wings, do you think Detroit might win 4 in a row? I doubt it but if anyone could do it , it might be them. They are playing one of the hottest goalies in the league in Giguere and Anaheim is scoring just enough goals to win.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i really hope detroit doesn't

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i would be nice to see another team win this season, maybe somebody from the eastern conference. There are a lot of strong teams in both conferences. If Detriot loses it will open the doors for a lot of teams, but i dont expect detriot to go down easily.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
i would also love to see an eastern conference team win. it always seems that the western conference is so much stronger than the east, (which if you look at the point totals for the 8th place teams over the past few years you see is true) but it'd still be great to see one of the lower in the standings during the regular season teams win.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
looks like the Wings arnt the team to beat anymore. Good Job Ducks. Maybe the Ducks are the team to beat?

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Great job by the Ducks, I cant believe they swept the Red Wings. They played another solid game last night and won in overtime on a goal by Steve Rucchin, Giguere played another incredible game, he seems to be the hottest goalie in the league right now.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Man what a series by the Ducks.Being a Sharks fan I get to the Ducks a lot.They are a team that went through a lot of changes over the last couple of years.And by the looks of it the changes are paying off.Even though the goaltending was fantastic in this series,I think there coach is the biggest part of their success this year.He has his team pumped up and confident.There is no telling how far the Ducks can go,they maybe the Cinderella story of the year.
But since they are a southern CA team I can't root for them.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
it still hasn't sunk in that the ducks SWEPT the wings! jeez!

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Wings might lose some very key players coming up. Steve Yerzerman might retire because of Knee injuryies, and Federov hasnt sign a contract extension meaning he might leave. One of the places Federov might come to is New York, he stated earlier in the season that he would love to play in New York, and i would love to have him here.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
that team is good and has grate scots but watch ouit they are not lookeing good next year might turn into a ranger team that needs unity

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
yeah i've hear d from several NHL rumors sights that Federov may very well be a ranger next season - however, i also heard from my friend who used to pla y hokcey with federov's younger brother, that federov is asking for i think it was 54 mil over 5 years.....that's a lot, even for the rangers

top topics

join