It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Playoffs are here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Broduer did let his team down big time, but i wont put all the blame on him, the defense didnt show up, they let Boston get open in the front of the net for easy shots. The defense didnt even go man up on them. The took some very bad penatilies also, they played a very bad game overall. Whenever you see that your team is up 3 to 0 in a series you tend to be a little more laid back then, to go into the game wanting to finish off the series.
If the Ducks play laid back hockey there is no way that they will be able to beat the Wings. The Wings are the only team i think that are capable of still winning this series, i think that they are the only team that is down 3 to 0 and still win the series.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What a great night of hockey again, This time the Wings are out of the playoffs and we will have a new champion. The Ducks just wanted this win more than the wings and it showed by the scoreboard. Giguere was again solid in net. And whoever plays the Ducks next they better watch out.

Ossy has been playing very well in net as he leads his Blues to another win over Vancouver. They are now ahead in this series 3 games to 1. And will look to close it out in Vancouver.

Colorado seems to be playing like their old self, with solid goaltending and goal scoring. In my mind the past two games the Avs crushed the Wild.

Tampa Bay went into Washington and won two straight games to even out this series. Tampa Bay is playing very solid, and should come away with this series.

But the best game of the night had to of been the Phili game and Toronto. A triple overtime thriller. This game kept me on the edge of my seat. The second over time had to been the best, with all the close opportunities of winning the game. WOAH!!! THis game had it all and the series is now tied at 2. GREAT JOB FLYERS!!!!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Devils last night beat the Bruins to win the series 4 games to 1, Broduer again was amazing as in my mind he lead the Devils over the Bruins. I dont know of any team right now that would be able to beat the Devils, espeacially in a best of seven series, its to tough to get the puck past this defense and Broduer.

The Senators won the series agaisnt the Isles last night. Senators dominated this series. Besides lossing the first game the Sens looked great, and i would expect them to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Depending on who they play in the next round.

Dallas moved ahead in the series and they will look to clinch the series on Saterday. Turco looked very solid in Net, and the offense of Dallas looks to be in gear.

Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I didnt really catch much of the hockey games today, but i heard that it was a very good hockey material. With Phili winning big over the Maple Leafs. 4 to 1, to move up in the series 3 games to 2, should be a very interesting finish to the sereis. The Wild were able to finally beat Parick Roy and the Avs to move the series to 3 games to 2 in favor of the Avs. Dallas got a big win over Edmonton, and i think that the series is now in favor of the Stars 3 to 2.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
i really hope that the wild can pull this off, with how roy is playing it will be very tough, but i like to root for the underdog - and the wild is VERY much so in that situation. their game 6 is monday night, if they can come away with a victory and force a game seven - it might give them the momentum to come away from the series with a victory

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i would like to see the wild win game 6 but i just dont see them doing it at all, Roy is going to want to end this series and he is going to be playing amazing. But the wild could have a great chance, you know that this crowd is going to be rocking. I hope the wild gives the Avs a run for their money.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Another great game tonight, the playoffs this year have been awesome! The Wild won in overtime to force a Game 7. There are 3 game 7's now in the first round.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yo,im new

well i just whanted to say that i expect today that st.louis will go in next series .
But i expect hard game with less goals and maybe win trough over time.

Have fun

Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i wanted the Wild to win last night but i didnt expect them to win this one, iam very happy now that they won. The Wild almost blew their lead though in the closing minutes. They allowed the Avs to come back into this game and they had the momentum going into overtime, but the Wild prevailed. Great game, almost all the goals came in the third period other than the game winning one. Game 7 is going to be a very great game to watch loook for this one to go into overtime just like i expect the Flyers and the Leafs to go into overtime. The other game 7 tonight is between the Blues and Vancouver. This is oging to be a very good match-up the only way the Blues will win this one is if Ossy shows up and plays a very solid game.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Should be an awesome night for playoff hockey with 3 Game 7's! You have the Flyers-Maple Leafs, the Avalanche-Wild, and the Blues-Canucks. I expect them all to be close games and goaltending will probably be the difference as it usually is in the playoffs. I will be sooo disappointed if the Flyers lose in the first round for the third year in a row with all of this talent. Cechmanek has played his a$$ off and they need to figure out how to beat Belfour early and often!!
GO FLYERS !!!

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
hell yeah the flyers played outstanding and totaly deserved to win tonight

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Minesota over Colorado

Minnesota was able to beat Colorado in a very great game. A great move to get the game winning goal in overtime. Minnesota won this game becasue of the outstanding goaltending by Manny. He made some brilliant saves in overtime to keep the Wild in this game. Nice job to the wild to come back from 3 games to 1 to win the series.
Vancouver was able to destroy the Blues to also come back from behind in the series and win it. Ossy didnt play well and cause of that they lost the game and the series, but i wouldn't put all the blame on him his teammates didn't give him the support that he needed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join