It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Playoffs are here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

Here are the standings for the playoffs, i like jersey in the east cause of the Goaltending and their solid defense. And they have been scoring more goals lately.

In the West i like the Red Wings, they have experience and everything a team needs to win. But i would keep in mind the Dallas Stars they are a strong team with strong goaltending and big scores.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are some great first roun match-ups! I like the Flyers in the East, Hitchcock has them playing great defensively and the goals have finally started going in. We have LeClair, Amonte, Roenick, Recchi, Primeau, Gagne, Kapanen, Handzus, plenty of offensive depth and their defense and goaltending has been among the top in the NHL all season. I think Jersey will run out of gas and might be looking at another first round upset at the hands of Boston. Ottawa is really tough too.

In the West, I think Colorado will probably face Detroit in the Western finals, probably going to a game 7. Forsberg and his line with Hejduk and Tanguay look like the best line in hockey right now. Dallas is good, but I dont know if they have the depth to go deep into the playoffs and their goalie is still shaky from a recent ankle injury. You would have thought Detroit might have been hurt by the retirement of Scotty Bowman, but with all the veterans on that team, I could probably coach them!

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What a first night of hockey. Almost all of the top seed fell. The oliers upset the Stars 2 to 1, the leafs upset the flyers 5 to 3, the Islanders came to play as they destroyed the Sens 3 to 0, and the devils won 2 to 1. The devils were the only favorites to win out of the whole night. So i guess that this rules out home-ice advantage.
The Islanders came to play and they played a very solid game, Snow was very solid in goalie playing in his first playoff game in over 6 years, and he showed that he still hase it. Yashin has been playing well and if snow and Yashin play like they have been playing they will be a tough team to beat, and maybe the Sens will fall out of the first round.
The devils played a very solid game overall, and Brodeur played solid, like he has been playing all year, i have the Devils winning the east because of Brodeur and the defense of the devils.

The flyers in my mind lost this game because of defense, or in other words Roman did not play a great game, he made some quality stops but he let in some bad goals and that cost them the game overall. The flyers should rebound after this game, cause of there goal scoring ability.

The Stars also lost this game on bad goaltending, Turco played a solid game but let in 1 bad goal which coast them the game, its to bad sometimes games come down to 1 goal, but its the playoffs and you shouldn't be letting in goals like that. Stars should take this series in 6

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It was an interesting start to the opening night of the playoffs. I think the biggest surprise was the 8th seeded Isles shutting out the Sens who ended the season with the best record in the NHL. Every time I turned this game on, there were big hits and alot of cheapshots, this could be a long, physical series and no matter who wins this series, they are going to be tired and bruised.

I agree with Ben, Roman Cechmanek allowed a couple of questionable goals and the defense allowed way too many odd-man rushes. The Leafs scored on a 2 on 1 shorthanded break in the first period, shorthanded goals seem to take alot out of a team. Alot of credit goes to Belfour who saw alot of rubber, but made some great saves.

The Devils got off to a good start against the Bruins, Brodeur looked like his usual solid self. I look for Boston to rebound, it seemed like Thornton and Murray were invisible, if the Bruins are going to have any chance, they need these guys to step up.

I look forward to some more good games tonight, hopefully a few more upsets. That St Louis-Vancouver series should be really close, the Blues will have to try and shut down the Naslund-Bertuzzi line. Vancouver goalie Cloutier is recently back from an injury, so we'll see how he responds.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My wings are gonna wreck some ###

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hard to believe the Avalanche and Red Wings lost tonight, alot of upsets the first two nights.

Ben

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Wow what a great night of hockey last night. There was non-stop action across the league but i got myslef hooked on the Detroit-Anaheim game, this was a overtime thriller, the refs in this game did a great job just letting the players play, and that what they did there were solid hit great stick handling but most of all solid goaltending all around.
I didnt catch a lot of the Tampa Bay-Washington matchup but when i saw it on sportscenter Lang played outstanding, The caps had solid goatending and thats why they won tonight, but i look for Tampa Bay winning this series they have been the hottest team since the All-star break.
The Minnesota-Colorado game was great i really enjoyed watching the Wild play in their first ever playoff game it was great, Roloson played an outstanding job in goal and in my mind keeped the Wild in this game.
The St.Louis-Vancouver game was a all out blowout. St.Louis dominated this game from start to finish. Everybody questioned their goaltending coming into the playoffs Ossy played outstanding giving the Blues a win.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Another great night of Hockey last night. I loved the game between the Flyers and Toronto. The Flyers rebounded very nice after a dissapointing loss Wesenday. Roman played a solid game, there was plenty of action in this game, personally i loved the fight. This series is now tied at 1 a piece, going to Tornoto

Dallas also rebounded very strong agaisnt the oliers. In a 6-1 win. This series is now tied 1 a piece. Turco played solid game, and this was a statement game for the Stars. Look for the Stars to be more dominating during this series.

New Jersey played another great game. They have been scoring more goals as of late and it is showing with a 4-2 win over Boston. Brouder is playing very solid and it is going to be hard for any team to be the Devils, who are now 2 games up on the Bruins.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah, there were some great games last night. The Flyers looked great! I really enjoyed watching the Stars-Oilers game, once the score got out of hand there was lots of fights and hitting and a scrum after every whistle, good playoff hockey. I was hoping the Bruins could get one in NJ but the Devils and Brodeur are playing well, maybe Boston will play better at home.

There's alot of great games again today, three this afternoon at 3, then 2 more tonight, I love this time of the year.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yeah its going to be a great day of hockey looking forward to some good old time hockey if it is possible. Lots of games i think i might be all hockeyed out by the end of the day. Nah!!!!!!!!!!

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What a another game day of hockey, the best part of it all is that the Refs are letting the players play, they arn't calling any bad penalties and they just letting them go at it.

Colorado was able to be the Wild in a very good game. Involved some solid goaltending on both parts, very psyhcial game. Nice seeing the Wild give Colorado a run for their money. Should be fun to see the Wild's first ever playoff home game. The series is now tied up 1-1 with the Colorado win over the Wild 3-2.

Washington was able to dominate over Tampa Bay winning 6-3, the Caps move ahead in the series 2-0, and they are now heading home. Its going to be very hard to beat the Caps Jagr is scoring at will and showing why he is one of the best players in the league. 2 goals and 2 assits last night, very good perforamce.

Ottawa was able to rebound after being shutout agaisnt the Isle's. Ottawa won 3-0 and the series is now tied at 1 a peice. A very good hockey game and i will enjoy when the goto the Island and play. The goaltending in this series has been very solid lately. Looking forward to the rest of the series. Ottawa lost the first game because the focused on Yashin two much, Ottawa played the hockey that they played all season long and they won because of it.

Vancouver was able to rebound agaisnt an imbarresing loss at home agaisnt the Blues. Vancouver won 2-1 and the series is now tied. Good solid hockey game, very very psyhical, but the game came down to a bad goal allowed by Ossy. In the playoffs when you allow a bad goal it can cause your team the loss.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i was so happy that the canucks won - they're the team i root for in the playoffs simply because i haven't seen my rangers in a playoff game since i was ten! i was crushed when they got creamed in the game one, but they played a great hockey game last night and i think deserved the win. Plus - i hate osgood - he'll always be an islander in my mind so i'm glad he screwed up

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The Devils right now look to be the best team in the playoff Broduer played another solid game and the Devils came away with another win. It seems like every game the Devils play they just keep on getting stonger if that is possible. The Devils went up 3-0 in the series and have a change to sweap the Bruins next time they play.
The oliers stunned the Stars yet again, as they go up in the series 2 games to 1. Radek Dovorak scored the game winning goal. As the Oliers have a great chance to go up in the series 3 to 1 next time they play. Woah!!!! some very crazy things have been going on.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i still can't believe that dvorak got the game winner - good for him, but why did we have to trade him right as he was getting back into game shape and getting his scoring ability back?!?

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
When Dvorak was with the Rangers he was slumping big time, i dont think that he even broke 15 goals on the season. And last night agaisnt the Star Dvorak pulled these awesome moves to score the game winner. Dvorak now looks like a pure scoring. He got his touch back, and when the Rangers got Anson Carter, Carter ended up slumping two.

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Another wild and crazy night in the playoffs. I was torn between all the games that were on i kept changing the channel to different games

Ottawa took a 2 games to 1 advantage over the Islanders when they beat them in double overtime. This was a very good game to watch. Very physical game with a good amount of scoring. Their were periods in this game when the goals just kept coming. I enjoyed the game a lot. The Islander fans made the hockey game very enjoyable to watch. I hope that they can win this series. They can do it they just have to win this next game.

The Phili and Toronto game was the best one of the night. This was an amazing game. Although Toronoto won it in double overtime 4 to 3. I was hoping that the Flyers would win this one. Very physical game as this series is looking to go to 7 games. I can't wait for the next game to see what it brings to the tables.

Roy showed that he is still one of the best goalies as Colorado beat Minnesota 3 to 0 to take a 2 games to 1 advantage over Minnesota. This was a very good game. And if Roy didnt make the saves that he did i would look for Minnesota to have the lead. But Roy is playing to solid right now to give up any bad goals.

The Blues beat Vancouver to take a 2 games to 1 lead. The Blues won this game because of solid goaltending. Looks like the trade is finally paying off for them.

The Ducks countinue their great run over the Wings as they beat them again to take the lead in the seires. The Ducks are playing great hockey, and the reason they are winning right now is because of Giguere. He is playing the best hockey of his career and it is showing right now. I would like to see the Ducks win this series but i still dont think it is going to happen. Can't wait to the next game, its going to be a good one. What happened with that goal that Detriot scored that was disallowed?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
the reason dvorak was slumping so badly was because he had just come back from a torn ACL i think it was. and those injuries normally take a full year to heal 100%, but for it to be 100% you need to be playing....so he was playing all season not his best - then, when he's at like 95% they go and trade him....ayy

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
definatly bad time to trade him, i guess the oliers got the better of the trade. It seems like he is doing very well in Edmonton.

Ben

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
A solid night of hockey not to many games were playing. I was very upset by the way the devils played. Broduer played an awful game. Boston controlled this game from the beginning and deserved to win this game. Iam hoping that the devils can close out this series when they head back home. Broduer looked very tired in net giving up some very bad goals. Overall the whole devils team looked tired.

Tampa Bay showed that they are still in this series beating the Caps in overtime. The Caps beat themselves in this game, giving Tampa Bay a two-man advantage in overtime, no smart hockey. The Caps still lead 2 game to 1.

The Stars played like the team that we saw all season long. They played some solid offense and defense. Turco played a very solid game giving up just one goal. Stars leveled this series and they are now headed back to Dallas.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
broduer let his team down tonight by having a very off night - but he doesn't get all the blame. the entire devils team was standing still out there and letting boston walk all over them! i think they let the fact that they were up 3-0 in the series go to their head and think they could easily beat boston a fourth time

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join