It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Kenny Rogers under suspicion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Kenny Rogers was seen with a brown colored substance under his thumb during last nights start. He cleaned it off after the first inning, claiming it was dirt. But video of his other starts show a similar colored substance in his hand each of those also. So has Rogers been cheating this whole post-season? Is this why he's near breaking the all-time scoreless inning record for the post-season?

Here's the story: Kenny Rogers

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If that was pine tar, was it the only reason that they couldn't score last with him on the mound, even after he washed off his hand?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
If that was pine tar, was it the only reason that they couldn't score last with him on the mound, even after he washed off his hand?

Rogers has been very good this year, ESPN dug out video of the Division series and the Championship series and would you believe it it was on his hand in those series also. I don't know that it really made a difference since he has been very good this year, but rules are rules, if you break them you pay the consequences. However since LaRusa didn't think it was important enough to warrant anything further i consider this issue basically over, unless he's stupid enough to show up for his next start with the same stuff on his hand.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here are the pictures of the NLCS and the WS. The left being from the NLCS.

As you can see, in both instances he had something under his thumb. I don't really care if he cheated, but I think it's kinda obvious he did. I dunno how long it was on his hand in the NLCS, but only being for an inning in the WS, and him giving up one of his two hits in that inning, I don't think it affected the game.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm no expert, nor am I a real huge baseball fan. But, I'll continue to play devil's advocate here. Is it possible that the pic from the ALCS is doctored? Would it surprise you to find out ESPN doctored the pics?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know it wasn't doctored, because when I watched the game, I thught it was a big Blister. I've had blisters just under my thumb before, and I remember pointing it out to my brother how big his was. So I knoiw it was there, but at the time, I didn't realize that it was actually pine tar, or mud.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's pretty clear to me that he was doctoring the ball in the first inning, and it was pretty clear to the semi-pro ball player I was "watching the game with" while we talked on the phone. However, that was only one inning, as stated above. It doesn't excuse the Cards' inability to hit him the rest of the game. And if LaRussa had wanted him searched, he had the chance to say so. He waived that opportunity, so that's that.

I'd be a lot more upset about it, if it weren't so bloody obvious to me that lots of the Cards' players have unnatural and literally incredible muscles.

BHN

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
" It's pretty clear to me that he was doctoring the ball in the first inning, and it was pretty clear to the semi-pro ball player I was "watching the game with" while we talked on the phone. However, that was only one inning, as stated above. "

One Inning, because he supposedly "washed it off"?

The arguement that "he washhed it off and still pitched well" is completely false. If you've ever had pine tar on your hands you can wash out the discoloration but the stickiness stays for long time.

" I'd be a lot more upset about it, if it weren't so bloody obvious to me that lots of the Cards' players have unnatural and literally incredible muscles. "

Ah, speculation at it's finest. It's pretty sad that Tigers Fans and Kenny Rogers supporters have to resort to this because their hero Kenny Rogers was caught blatantly cheating.

new topics

top topics

join