It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: What happened Red Sox?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Red Sox have suddenly started tumling since a the Yankees got the 5 game sweep. Even with all of their good players they still looked messed up!

Ben

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Are the red sox really in danger of not making the post-season i find this hard to believe, its going to be a tough post-season without looking forward to the saga of the sox's and yankees.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Don't worry about the Red Sox they got in all under control.

On the contrary, I'll spare you the detailed analysis or why this is the worst thing that has happened ever (on a meaningless sort of way). I mean they were in first all year. Now I might be a conspracy nut, but more is going on here than you (or I realize). I'd elaborate further but now is not the time or the place to revaile such life altering details.

I'm curious to think what the more intelligent think about Becket because I'm sorta worried about him. Also some say we don't have the pitching that we need to contend. The blasphemours are pretty spot on.

To continue the rambling, I had no idea how much Varitek made a difference until he was gone. It's like one of those sae cliches. I hated him all year (by hate I mean focused all that is wrong with the world) but once he went down I knew we we're screwed.

Out of curiousity, what moves do any of you suggest to fix this situation (by situation I meant to leave that ambiguous).

Ben

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would like to see the sox's get a deeper bullpen, but what team in the MLB has a solid bullpen at all times?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The sox need better pitching in general. Who could've predicted the downfall of the pitching staff (except Red Sox fans who expect the worst). Our best bet is to get rid of Foulke and Timlin but we're not going to get much for them. Papelbon might be too tired of relieving so I don't know about him. Don't get me started on the rest of those guys. Sox gotta lot of promising young guys, but can speculate on who they desperately need to pick up now?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The Red Sox at this point aren't going to the playoffs. I don't think the White Sox are either. They are my second favorite team. I hate the Yankees. (please excuse me if I offend anyone) have a nice day!

top topics

join