It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Will Barry Bonds be indicted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So far Barry Bonds has escaped indictment for tax evasion and perjury. The investigation is still continuing however, and the feds say they aren't finished with him. Why are they working so hard at nailing Bonds? I mean, all of this has been going on for three years now. I heard on PTI the other day that some people are viewing this like the investigation into Al Capone. They never could nail Capone for racketeering or organized crime, so they put him away on charges of tax evasion. Baseball and the feds have been trying to get Bonds for a few years now, but so far they haven't been able to fully identify him as a steroid user. Are they resorting to the Capone tactics to just try to get Barry for something?

Bud Selig wants to suspend Bonds in the worst way. He really wanted to after Game of Shadows came out. Now he's just anticipating that indictment so that he can suspend Bonds. Some experts felt that Selig was going to suspend Bonds to prevent him from passing Babe Ruth on the all time list. Now he's passed Ruth, and is currently 33 behind Hank Aaron. He isn't going to pass Aaron this year, but if he get to 730, he'll only need 26 in 2007 to pass Aaron. I have heard several baseball gurus say that they think Bonds is so obsessed with breaking the record that he will drive his body to disintegration in order to get there.

[Edited on 7/30/06 by BirdstheBest]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Whether I was a fan of Barry or not, I hate how the feds are just trying to find anything that they could use against Bonds. It's just not right. I don't care how much of a cheater he might be. If they want to indict Bonds, I feel it must be on Steroids and nothing else. But seeing as how for the last few years they have been unable to, for anything, then they need to just give it up.

I don't really agree with the gurus. WHile yes, as Bonds has become closer and closer, it's become apparent that he wants it more and more. But I think in 2005 when he was injured, I think he was truthful in saying he didn't care for Aaron's record... seeing as how at the time, I don't think he thought it was possible. Now that he sees it is, that's why he has decided he does want to come back for 1 more year. I don't really blame hime though... if I were that close to that kind of record... I'd be playing as long as it took me to get it. And the few games I have watched with Bonds, it's apparent he is really much healthier than he was. He obviously can't run much, but he has already stolen a few bases... which should never happen with him running. If he is in his full healthy state, and he maybe DH's next year, or plays on a highly regular basis... he gets about 30 or more jacks, and surpasses the record easily.

join