It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Joe Mikulik: This Minor League coach Loses it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Check out this link:

Colorado Rockies Website

Well I've watched the video and he spends 4 minutes of throwing dirt, bats, balls, bases, etc. He pours water over the plate, poses as the catcher for a few pitches and even Slides into second base!

If you seen the video, how bad of a suspension does this guy deserve? Anything at all?

The way he went overboard I think he deserves a minimum 10 game suspension, possibly closer to 20. Managers have a right to get upset but they need to know a line does exist and where it stands. An umpire can not treat a coach or player a certain way, so an umpire needs to be held to the same standard. But at the same time they need to be held accountable for their calls.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Nahh. I wouldn't suspend him. He didn't hit, or come in contact with, anybody. He ranted like a 2 year old. If I had the power, I'd make him watch the tirade with his kids (if he has any) and explain to them in front of a rep from the commissioner's office why it's inappropriate behavior. If he doesn't have kids, make him go to a grade school and show the vid to an assembly and lecture on good sportsmanship.

Act like a 2 year old, treat him like a 2 year old. Maybe a little shame would have more effect than a suspension or fine.

Maybe not.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You make a good point.

The sole purpose of the suspension in my thoughts are the fact how long he went on with the rant and to the extent he went. I believe he got a 7 day suspension and had already apoligized for his actions.

Although he does feel he never lost control.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I feel as long as he doesn't incite anything, then the suspension should not be too long. He didn't get into anyone's face or get anyone upset with foul language. My guess is that most of the people there--just like most of us--simply got a good laugh out of it all.

What is it with the minor leagues now? First that bat-throwing incident, and now this? Wait, was that bat thing in the minor leagues or not?

new topics

top topics

join