It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: DH question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
While i was watching interleague games a couple weeks ago a curious question came to mind. Let's say a team has a pitcher that hits really good, would that team be allowed to use the starting pitcher as the DH in the same game? If they are allowed to do that, if they take him out in say the 6th inning, can they leave him in as the DH for the rest of the game?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
From my knowledge, YES, the team can use te player as the DH. I'm also assuming, that since the DH doesn't usually take the field at all during a game, that the player may be used as the DH after being pulled. I'm not sure on the second part of the question though.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I always thought that a pitcher batting would run too much of the risk of injury and would avoid having to at all costs. Even if they were the greatest hitting pitcher ever they're still no better than the bench warmers (none that I've see at least). Why doesn't the AL and NL play under the same rules. I doesn't make sense to me (and all other things do).

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well it would be stupid if ANY really good hitter could not be DH. I think pitchers could to. Thats only my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
I always thought that a pitcher batting would run too much of the risk of injury and would avoid having to at all costs. Even if they were the greatest hitting pitcher ever they're still no better than the bench warmers (none that I've see at least). Why doesn't the AL and NL play under the same rules. I doesn't make sense to me (and all other things do).

Because the NL will never go DH, and the players union will never get rid of the DH in the AL. Willis is a better hitter then quite a few position players.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If Willis and Zambrano were postition players, they'd have somewhere between 15-20 HR's a year... those guys can hit, as well as others... Wolf being fairly decent, as well as Mike Hampton.

top topics

join