It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Band on the planet...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Now, dunno.... not too many great bands around right now.

Now....I'm leaning toward these guys.www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

they seem ok..

I like a lot of modern music don't get me wrong.
just don't think any of 'em deserve best band in the world title.

I'm more of a classics kinda guy....

Love the old stuff.

Like a lot of modern ambient and electronica too, hip-hop, soul, jazz, reggae et al.

just hard to pick one modern band that are the best!

[edit on 29/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I here ya, and LLB perhaps don't deserve the Best Band lable but they sure put together great song writing, solid riffs and great stage presence on a very consistent level. Many new bands "Flash" and are gone.

But I never thought these guys would last as long as they have, but here they are despite their BS approach to the music business.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yeah man...Metallica kick ass and still rock!!

I like a couple of their covers too..from garage inc... two of my fav's.

Tuedays gone... what a twang to this!!

Turn the page...just amazing!!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Overall I would say that Pearl Jam is the best band on earth. Close to that would be the Grateful Dead... But still, Eddie Vedder and his crew are on the top of the mountain (imo).

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What the hey, I'm going Muse.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Behold, the best band on the planet at the moment......

Coldplay were the best band 2008, Kasabian were best band 2009 and still remain there until someone else comes along, which as of yet hasn't happened.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I second that Muse is now the best band on the planet. Most talented musicians to ever assemble in a band, most creative band this century, and a lead singer who believes in conspiracy theories and the apocalypse.

Shout out to Kasabian though they are a fantastic band on the rise.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Its impossible to say with any objectivity, there are so many great bands out there doing different things...

My shout goes to the Cribs. I love their music, their attitaude, their live shows. They've always been a great band with great tunes, but a little rough around the edges...since they've recruited Johnny Marr (ex Smiths guitarist and among the coolest people on earth) though they've gone into a different league. I saw them live before christmas and the were absolutely phenomenal!

Other possibilities would be:
Yeah Yeah Yeahs, amazing songs, constantly evolving, ace guitarist in Nick Zinner, and Karen O is the best front-person on the planet.
Arcade Fire, their tunes are epic, but they haven't released anything since 2007, so that disqualifies them unfortunately.

Can't agree with Kasabian sorry lads. I loved their first album, it was immense, it made me a fan (see my avatar), but they've come nowhere near to matching it since then, but that's just my subjective opinion.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Paul]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Alterbridge

One of the greatest bands of all time!

Their music is inspiring just listen to their lyrics

All my favourite bands are either split up or dead now!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If you were trying to make an argument about Metallica being one of the best bands ever, why the HELL would you choose their boring new ballad??? Which is really just them recycling their old ballads like fade to black and one, both of which are much better. :shk::shk::shk:

And stars to the guy who mentioned EyeHateGod, at the beginning.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by nick_napalm]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Muse is influenced by the real, ... best band on the planet ...

RADIOHEAD, ..... genius incarnate

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Surprised it took this long to come up.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Right now current day I would say Coldplay and Muse are the best bands. All time though I would say Radiohead, with Coldplay and Muse right behind.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sorry for the blatant plug....my crew.

www.soundclick.com...

Music isn't a competition sport so there can be no best. Just different styles,
approaches and aesthetics.

I for one would rather listen to some kid with a beat up 6string singing and playing from his heart than some overproduced, hyped up, group of no talent pretty boys with Les Pauls and evey efx known to man.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What about Bad Religion, and NOFX? Any fans? Beck is also good, I can compare him to Bob Dylan.

Personally, I think Coldplay is overrated, and I'm pretty sure they knowingly ripped off a song by a highly skilled guitarist.

Neil Young is still making music, and making appearances, so is Dylan, so do they count?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

I'm pretty sure that Joe knowingly took the chords from Cat Stevens.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeprojectiles
reply to post by heyJude

I'm pretty sure that Joe knowingly took the chords from Cat Stevens.

Oh yeah? Didn't know that. I guess two wrongs don't make a right.

To be fair, I never claimed to like him. But still, Viva La Vida made them a lot of money, and it's so blatantly obvious if you listen to them at the same time. They're actually pretty good to listen to at the same time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join