It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Baseball's best brawls?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They have a good list on Foxsports for their top ten brawls, some of you guys from the US will most prob remember them. But can you think of anymore?

Here's the first one of their list...

1. Braves vs. Padres — August 12, 1984

It's difficult to impart the level of chaos in this one. The beanball war began in the first inning, and by the end of the game there had been three bench-clearing brawls. Braves hurler Pascual Perez threw at Alan Wiggins with the first pitch of the game, and the Pads retaliated by throwing at Perez every time he came to the plate. Umps ejected 14 combatants, and even five fans were arrested (one for dumping a beer on Kurt Bevacqua's head). To top things off, after the game Atlanta manager Joe Torre likened his San Diego counterpart, Dicky Williams, to Hitler.

For all the others CLICK HERE!

[Edited on 23/5/06 by TRD]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, TRD, I saw the title of the thread, and I was going to come on here and right a big, long post about that very game, but I see there's no need. I will only add that I was listening to a Giants game on the radio that summer day, and Giants announcer Hank Greenwald kept telling us whenever there were new ejections.

I remember toward the end--and I don't think it was the biggest one of all, in the ninth--Greenwald said, "And the returns are still coming in from Atlanta...." I just about died laughing.

I did not laugh that night when I saw it on the sports news, however. A whole lot of drunken Braves fans--enough to overwhelm the Padres' players, if they didn't mind having the first 50 or so go down with skulls crushed by baseball bats--started to take the field.

Give 'em credit... the police were on it. So were the Braves. I think everyone knew how dangerous that one could have gotten, after all that had transpired that day.

God, what a carnival that game was.

TRD

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was browsing some sports site earlier and came across that article.

I'm not sure why, i know its wrong and it shouldn't happen. But i do love to see a good old scrap at sporting events.

join