It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush OK's new nuke plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

Well i don't know about you guys, but this doesn't really sit well with me. The nukes are only 5 kilotons, but still. I'm sure there would be some radioactive fallout from that. plus with them being small and portable. what if one or two fell into the hands of some terrorists?

Plus the whole point of this latest war was to find Iraq's "WMD" and now the US is going to use some itself. Not exactly setting a good example to the rest of the world. To me that makes Bush a bit of a hypocrite...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This is such a HUGE STEAMING PILE OF STINKY NASTY "BUSH"!!!!!

jra, I totally agree with ya, this is FUCT-UP!! Sure they are only 5kton warheads which is rather small on the scale of Nuclear Weapons is concerned. But it's still a WMD that are not supposed to be used by anyone, including us!!! We take over IRAQ because of the WMD threat. We almost go head to head with NKorea because they want to develop Nuke's and the U.S. steps in telling them they can't. I also do believe we are supposed to be currently in the process of Disassembling Nuclear Weapons along with other countries aren't we?? Or is only our other WMD's like chemical and Bio?? Anyway, I think you see my point!

When People??? When are you going to wake up and start Giving a SH!T about what is happening??? The budget is quoted as "400-Billion for the coming year" for our military. Being that the Administration seems to be cutting back in every area that has to do with materials and supplies for the troops I imagine most of that money will go toward these nukes and similar devices. Not to mention the fact that the military seems to have a habit lately of "Misplacing" Nuclear Waste, Rods, etc. or just flat out selling them or trading them to other countries. So just how long till the enemy has some of the "New" U.S. Mini-Nukes to use against us??

PLEASE PEOPLE, ADMIT THIS IS WRONG, UNSAFE AND JUST PLAIN STUPID TO MAKE THESE NUKES, PLUS THE FACT THAT IT'S BEING DONE BY PEOPLE WHO ARE TWO FACED LIARS THAT DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT INNOCENT LIVES HERE (U.S.) OR ANYWHERE ELSE!!

Nukes, even small ones, are only about ATTACK and not DEFENCE. We already have Thousands upon Thousands of them already. So how in the Hell is this a good idea??? Does anyone have some justification for why they are doing this and why it is a good idea??

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The ONLY policy on nukes EVER should be

" No NUKES"!!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The term "5 kilotons" must be a misprint, that would put it into the tactical nuke range. I thought the goal was 0.05 kiltons to 0.5 kilotons). Here is what a 5 kiloton warhead will do (figures in kilometers):

Nuclear Weapon Explosion Data (Surface Burst)
Crater Dia. - Fireball Dia. - Total Destruction Radius - Heavy Damage Radius - Moderate Damage 0.068..............0.084........................0.469..............................0.678............................ 1.042

For more information on yield vs damage:

www.geocities.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

from artice:
"Yet these killers are now facing the United States of America, and a great coalition of responsible nations" - George Bush

Responsible? How is designing weap[ons that will create "huge collatoral damage" responsible? This is a joke. I can't beleive that these morons think that the solution to the problem of WMD's is making more dealy and powerful ones? IGNORANCE.

jra

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here's another article on some of these nukes www.popsci.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You know, some of you go off half-cocked, poorly informed and terrified like little children. You also seem to think that using a nuclear device is somehow the end of the world.
Despite what stupid people say, such a bomb would not create huge collateral damage.
A SADM or MADM would not be danger to the population when used to strike an isolated target. 1 to 10 kt's is not that large. Now, if you were talking about downtown Manhatten, London or Paris, sure, that would be a different story.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
T.C., lets make sure that you're within a few km's of the drop zone to test your theory...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You know, some of you go off half-cocked, poorly informed and terrified like little children. You also seem to think that using a nuclear device is somehow the end of the world.

Well I do personally feel like that. These stupid weapons that our great race have crreated will one day probably destroy all of us. It's adisgrace that we develope weapons that can kill thousands and thousands of people in an instant, it's sick.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Dexxy, its obvious you had no contact with them, but you can still do a google or something and possibly get the real facts out of the miles of BS.

I am aware that you were trying to say that I should die, but guess what? I'd have no problem with what you suggest. As a matter of fact, I'd be able to measure the distance from myself to the device in meters, not kilometers.

The other thing, the device would not be "dropped" as it is not such a bomb. Nuclear warheads, like any other type of explosive, can be delivered in many ways, including being handplaced.

Do not enter a battle of wits unarmed, friend.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Earthtone, you need to get past "feel" and stick to facts. Facts are, the use of a device such as that to reach deep bunkers would not bring us to the brink, nor would it create an environmental hazard.

What could very well bring us to a dicey situation is if we are hit badly. As a matter of fact, the political climate in this nation might very well change for the ultimate worse if we suffer another hit as bad or worse as the ones on September 11th.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Earthtone, you need to get past "feel" and stick to facts. Facts are, the use of a device such as that to reach deep bunkers would not bring us to the brink, nor would it create an environmental hazard.

Thats not the point I'm trying to make Mr. Crowne. Regardless of what scale this weapon is, it's still a step in the wrong direction for the good of humanity to develope any kind of weapons of mass destruction. Not damaging to the enviroment i heard you say? How can it not be damaging to the enviroment if it's piercing the surface of the EArth?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
*Sigh*

What does "piercing the surface of the earth" have to do with anything? If that is your concern, then we are already gonners since the bunkers themselves "pierce the center of the earth" Your allegation has no merit tha tI can see, maybe it only needs clarification from you.

A neuclear device does not necessarily make a weapon of mass destruction. In this case, the dvice is not utilized as a WMD, but to destroy underground facilities with its "shockwave".

Humanity, earthtone, made it through the last century because of the fact we had a nuclear arsenal and delivery systems that ensured the destruction of the enemies of freedom. You can easily say that you are alive and free today because of a few nuclear weapons and the determination to use them if need be.
Furthermore, this is not new technology. The warheads that would be used are 50's-60's technology mated with a missile that will place the warhead subsurface before detonation.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
And, yes, there is reason to design better weapons, earthtone, so that we will be superior than our enemies, and so that our enemies will not conquer or destroy us. That is what we do, protect ourselves, not to mention protecting others who like to stab us in the back and talk about us while we do it, but we do it anyway. This way, the world has stability.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   

*Sigh*

Humanity, earthtone, made it through the last century because of the fact we had a nuclear arsenal and delivery systems that ensured the destruction of the enemies of freedom. You can easily say that you are alive and free today because of a few nuclear weapons

So your telling me that I should be thankfull that our governments have developed weapons that have killed thousands? How have more powerfull weapons helped maintain my freedom? Now they are doing the complete opposite because soon enough a terroroist will get their hands on a device that we developed and blow the # out of us (US or UK, I'm in the U.K near London). How is that helping maintain my freedom? If these weapons hadn't been developed then we wouldn't be in so much danger everyday. We have entered a world where terrorist groups and dictators can gather the materials to make a Weapon of mass destruction. Why did we ever develope this technology? And tell me Mr. Crowne, when have WMD's ever ensured the freedom of humankind? They have only killed.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
T.C. ur a funny guy, I merely suggest that you see for yourself first hand the real impact of these tactical nukes. I guess it all depends on what value you place on human life. We both know that tacnukes have been around for fifty years or so, why bring them back now? The collateral and long term damage is not aceptable to me.

I asume that your not going to see a uniform carrying a hevy suitcase into a hot spot, and that typical delivery would be via artillery shell.

>>>Do not enter a battle of wits unarmed, friend.

Where's the wit????

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
TC, I realize that such a small nuke is quite different than one of megaton size and damage.

However, what about the fact that we already have thousands of nukes already. Plus we are giving other countries crap when they decide to start making them, yet we go right ahead and do whatever we want. They are a dirty weapon regardless of the size because of fallout material that turns the area into a radioactive area until cleaned. We are attacking a country because of them having similar weapons (supposedly). Does it not seem like a double standard to you??

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Dexxy, I am aware of these items. I cannot go into detail, but I am not talking about something I've merely read about on the stupid internet.

I will not explain this again, but the "collateral damage" to which you refer does not exist, neitehr does the "longterm damage".

Your last statements about uniforms (Is that your slang for a soldier?) and hotspots (Again, your slang for the target?), if you are asking whether or not a SDAM can be carried in by soldiers, the answer is yes. Would a nuclear bunkerbuster be? No. It would be delivered by a plane, but the point of the matter is it would have the same power as a SDAM or at most, a MDAM. These are demolition devices, and so is the device being refered to here.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
T.C.,

Is this artificial stability of our world helping or hindering humanity? If the U.S. was to stop projecting power unto the world and defend its own borders and interests what would happen? Would the world tear itself apart? Other countries would end up begging the U.S. to help them , this would give the U.S. the moral high ground and allow it to dominate the world by invitation, rather than being seen as an agressor. I suppose that is to utopian to ever happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The problem is not if the new nukes are WMD, the problem is that US tells others to stop making nukes but they themselves continue to make so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join