It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: ANSWER TO TRIVIA QUESTION NUMBER FOUR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Dear Everyone:

Well, OK, Hootie knew the answer to this one immediately, as would any other maniacal baseball fan (for example, me), but nobody else has even taken a guess at it.

It was my intention to get more people interested by offering a question where the answer was NOT someone remote like Stan Musial, who played from 1941-1944 and 1946-1963, or someone buried in ancient history, like Cy Young (1867-1955).

Obviously I failed to garner greater interest from y'all with my "modern player question," and for that I apologize. I really tried, but I obviously went wrong in some way.

The ANSWER to Baseball Trivia Question Number Four is: ALBERT BELLE.

TRD

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well what to say. I enjoyed reading them, but as i said before my knowledge of baseball is limited to the 1980's - 2000's. Earlier stuff i have to research, so i would say i'm a novice gradually increasing what i know by comming on here.

So the only way for me to get most of them right is to look it up, but that defeats the object of what you was trying to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey,

I read the questions you posted (1 to 4) cos the standard of the question you were doing was really good. The only thing is, i aint got a clue about baseball so there wasnt a chance of me even managing to take a guess.

How did the posts do for getting views? although you werent getting the greatest of replies, maybe they were getting quite a good audience (views) ? which can only be a good thing so there would be a positive to take.

Regarding other members, there is prob alot of members who could answer or at least give an answer but they prob come on once in a blue moon

So just incase you are thinking along the lines of.... waste of time, i think its fair to say people noticed the threads and thought they were good. I did

Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK, great. THANKS you guys. And yes, I've been getting decent numbers of views. And if my posts, because they're infused with facts--and not simple 9-word questions with 2-word answers--are informing some curious people about baseball history, then I'll carry on with them. I just thought that Belle, because he was so recent, would be an easy one to get.

Then again, the same media that hated and excoriated Belle so, naturally was loath to give prominent coverage even to his greatest feat, the 50-double, 50-HR season. If Kirby Puckett had ever done that, which he couldn't have without cheating (and GOOD FOR HIM on that one, b.t.w.), we'd all have heard about it 100 times.

Anyway, more trivia questions to follow.

B.H.N.

new topics

top topics

join