It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.Va. UFO Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of a book called "West Virginia UFOS?" I think the author is Bob Teets. I used to check it out of the library, but I want my own copy.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've lived here all my life (all 20 years of it:lol
, and I've seen 2 UFO's. Didn't know that it was a big deal here, though.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the link! (I looked there and couldn't find it...gotta cut down on the stuff that makes college grand...)

Yeah, WV is a somewhat hotspot. (Lukewarm spot?) Flatwoods, Point Pleasant. There were lights over the 31st Bridge in Huntington in the early 70s (I think). Gray Barker is from WV. I think in Clarksburg the local library has his entire collection of clippings and other such stuff in a room (I believe you need an appt. to go through it)

The book covers it more in depth, a very good read

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ByzantineIcon, I'm from Ashland Kentucky, which is right accross the Ohio River from W.VA.

I saw something in Ashland in 1978-79. Red light, hovering above trees and then decending behind them.

My parents told me they saw the same thing about 5 blocks from there a couple of years before that.

by the way, is there a Flatwoods WVA ? I know of a Flatwoods KY. just curious ?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There are actually two cities named Flatwoods in West Virginia. The one with the monster sighting is in Braxton County.

I live no more than 20 minutes from Ashland, it's a nice city. Better than Huntington.

I have heard other stories about red light and UFO sightings in the Tri-State area. My friend told me a story that took place no more than 5 years ago. She lives out towards Branchland, WV. The electricty went out for some strange reason. They were just sitting around when they saw red lights flash into their house. The light was coming from the direction of a graveyard that is behind their house. She said the light was too bright to be car headlights or the sort. She described them similar to those huge spotlights they use at Hollywood preimeres and the like. I have no explanation, ecspecially since I am talking about rural WV...

new topics

top topics

join