It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Ichiro unhappy with the M's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ichiro doesn't say too much so when he levels criticism at the club and his team mates it is big news, he says that the Mariners lack clubhouse leadership and too much time was spent playing cards in the clubhouse before games, he also says that the team gave up too early on the season and was too laid back the second half of last year......I think that Ichiro is tired of losing 90 games a year

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Of course he's tired of losing 90 games a year. He is a high Calibur player who deserves a chance to win.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Certainly he does. And, other than the fact he doesn't draw enough walks or hit enough home runs, he's one of the greatest right-fielders of all-time. Even with those two significant flaws, he could wind up in the top 5 to top 7 RF's of all time when he's done. When you consider he's got the insurmountable peaks of Ruth, Aaron and Frank Robinson fixed ahead of him, that's pretty hot.

And the fact that he, a normally reticent individual, has spoken out like this against the team and unnamed teammates is extraordinary. But Toejam, what about the reports he won't play CF--where one would think he really belongs, given his blazing foot speed and the obvious fact he could still throw the ball anwhere from CF--because he's too selfish to learn a new position?

Is that just random speculation you picked up off of chatrooms? If so, then ok. But if it's got substance to it, then I think he's got to take a long look inside before he goes criticizing his teammates, because he could do a lot more good in CF than in RF.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i think that this will backfire on him, as he said in the article he is one of the last players from the 2001 team that won 116 games, wether it's a language barrier, or just his personality a lot of people are gonna wonder why he is pointing fingers instead of stepping up himself,

he either has met or is going to meet with the owner of the M's, the guy who owns Nintendo in Japan, this is something that he does after every season, it will be interesting to see what, if anything comes out of that meeting....btw, the owner has never seen the M's play, he was going to go to a game when they were to visit Japan a few years ago but that trip was canceled due to 911 i believe

i thought that releiver Jeff Nelson's comments were a little strange

"Put it this way," Nelson said, "in a rough season, when you have so many young guys, they're just happy to be in the big leagues. They're out of the minors. They're going to different cities. They're making big-league money. Who cares if they win or lose?

"With guys like (Yuniesky) Betancourt or (Jose) Lopez, it's hard to tell them, 'Hey, it's time to win.' It's overwhelming. Give them some time to shine. Maybe next year you tell them that it's time to buckle down."

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
W.T.F.?

It sounds like it's time to send Betancourt and Lopez, if not Nelson, down to the minors. What a terrible mindset.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nelson didn't have a good season last year, this attitude might be part of the problem, i wish that i could go to work with that mindset, it would make the night a lot more fun

new topics

top topics

join