It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: congress puts heat on Fehr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
congress put the heat on Donald Fehr in a hearing today and when pressed Fehr said a new steroid deal could be done by the end of the World Series this year...

``Don't you get it?'' McCain asked Fehr. ``Don't you get it that this is an issue that's greater than the issue of collective bargaining? Don't you understand that this is an issue of such transcendent importance that you should have acted months ago? The patience of this body ... is at an end.''

Pressed to say when there will be a new steroids agreement, Fehr said: ``Can I give you a precise date? No. Do I expect to know within the reasonably near future whether that will be done? Yes. Would I expect it to be by the end of the World Series? I would certainly hope so.''

Later, Sen. George Allen, R-Va., made a not-so-veiled reference to Bonds: ``As far as Hank Aaron is concerned, if a certain player breaks his home run record, it's not a question of an asterisk. ... There probably ought to be an 'RX' next to it.''

hooray for congress, baseball has sat on this problem for years, now it looks like the will be forced to get their act together

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Au7bNkLuoMiNZc_p_2f35ZM5nYcB?slug=ap-congress-steroids&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Someone really needs to step up and it looks like congress might be the right someone

new topics

join