It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Giants Keep Slim Playoff Hopes Alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
San Francisco squeezed out a tight win by scoring 2 runs in the top of the 9th to put them up 3-2. This was the first of a 4-game series with the Padres. Before tonights game, the Giants were 4 games out from first in the NL West. Giants Fans around the country are praying for a sweep, as it will make them and the padres tied for first in the NL west. They are now only 3 games back.

The Padres have been playing horrible as of late, while the Giants have won 7 of their last 10. Being somewhat a GiantsFan, I would like to see the Giants sweep to take the NL West. I would also like to see them sweep just so it will make the race very interesting and make up for the poor play from the rest of the year.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The NL west is such a mess I thought the winner might be over .500 by 1 game but the Giants are saying heck no we like to be under .500. And right now the Giants are winning 3-0 b/c of who else...BONDS. The Giants are crazy I give the edge to them right now to win that division. With Barry back I guess anything is possible...Especially since the Padres cant win.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The Giants got a tough loss last night after giving up a grand Slam. The only chance they have left now is to win the next two games. The Giants will face the D-Backs in their last series, while the Pads will face the Dodgers. I think the Giants have the upper hand here, so if they can win the next two against San Diego, they may have a chance to play a tie-breaker with the Pads.

join