It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Jeter warned to leave 'white women alone'

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Whats the deal here another nut on the lose? I know alot of people hate the Yankees but pleasssssse...

Yankees star Derek Jeter has received a threatening letter reportedly warning him to stop dating white women or "he'll be shot or set on fire."

FBI special agent Scott Wilson, speaking by phone from Cleveland, confirmed the bureau's probe Monday, saying "we have an ongoing open investigation into racially threatening letters to Jeter and others across the country." He declined to comment further.

SI Sports.com

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
this is horrible..and its also possible that its a sawx fan trying to shake him up so he does poorly...but jeter has ice in his veins, and rarely if ever lets stuff like this bother him..in fact, he might have even more inscentive to play hard and win...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't understand who is this white woman that the letters are reffering to?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What difference does it make. The author of this letter is obviously a f#@%&*g idiot. It's hard to beleive that there are people like this allowed ot breed out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Most people that do this stupid stuff just do it for fun, they don't really mean it. A couple of my friends have sent hate mail, which I got onto them about. After seeing the movie *61, I realized how much that can really ffect a player, despite how well he hides it. But then you can't help but wonder if there really is a psycho ot there that really is trying to do this stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There are people like this still around. Jeez, I don't follow baseball but this is completely stupid.

Edit: :angry-smiley-034: Gotta behave.

[Edited on 9/26/05 by truenorth]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
hopefully this is some sicko's idea of fun and nothing will come of it, i hope the fbi gets hold of this guy and he spends the rest of his meserable life in the pokey....

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
Most people that do this stupid stuff just do it for fun, they don't really mean it. A couple of my friends have sent hate mail, which I got onto them about. After seeing the movie *61, I realized how much that can really ffect a player, despite how well he hides it. But then you can't help but wonder if there really is a psycho ot there that really is trying to do this stuff.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but, you shouldn't be hanging out with guys that think it's funny to do this type of crap, dude. You seem to be an upstanding young individual. And it doesn't matter who the person is, you always, always treat people the way you expect to be treated, not necessarily the way they deserve. Gags like this put you on th elower rungs of evolution.

And now I feel like my High School Principle. Where is the world goign?

new topics

top topics

join