It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Most meaningful Home-Run seasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
1927- 60 Ruth (self expalanitory)

1961- 61 Maris

1998- 70 McGwire

2001- 73 Barry Bonds

2005- 50+ Andruw Jones

I believe the first 2 and the last one are the most important, Jones has hit 50 homeruns in a post-steroid era, which is extremely meaningful, even though we dont know the other guys did it, but it means Jones did it on his own (which he always does) and he shows how good players used to be, like in the olden days

Any other opinions?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
jimmie foxx-58, hank greenberg-58, hack wilson-56

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
iwould leave mcGwire off the list, his taters were tainted and i don't believe they should show on any list or stat

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What about Bonds?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i agree toejam, i think all steroid users should have their stats wiped out

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Bonds should be banned from baseball and his records stricken from the books, as you may have guessed i have a no tolerance attitude toward stroids and other substances such as HGH...the shame of the whole matter is that Balco was allowed to cop a plea and any good that could have come from this mess was missed

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It almost seems like Major League Baseball feels sorry for the steroid users and wants to protect them, while they should be punishing them for breaking a huge rule.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow, you do hate steroids, i too disagree with bonds/mcgwire havinbg meaningful seasons, but at that time they were certainly meaningful at the time, so i couldnt not put them on

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There's reason to ban steroid users and have no tolerance...because they deserve it...Giambi's the only one who's handled it like a man and fessed up....on the other hand Sheffield, McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, and many others constantly deny it.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
McGwire's home run race with Sosa brought baseball back from the damage it did to itself with the strike season, it was exciting at the time but now we know it was a sham....i feel there should be testing at all levels of pro sports and anyone found using banned for a year on the first offense, it is not violating their rights, they always have the right to work somewhere else, but then again they would have to take a test to even gather carts in a walmart...why should pro sports be any different than any other job?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Giambi is the only one who fessed up and he's back headed in the right direction....Bonds on the other hand is just amazing

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
true Giambi fessed up and took it like a man but he should have never put himself in that position to begin with, he lost a season, what did others lose? the Yankees lost millions of dollars wasted on him. his team mates lost the contributions he could have made, and the most damaging of all is the damage he did to the fans, they are the ones who lay down their hard earned bucks to see atheletes play a game...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
are we ever getting unbanned or..what? cuz if not tell me so i can invest all my time in this name instead of trying to get back my pld one

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree toe jam...steroids never helped Giambi with his hitting....I'm guessing he started taking them in 2003...he really started slumping terrribly then got a parasite and a benign tumor...just a few years removed from AL MVP...in retrospect he was wrong either way but atleast he told the truth

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
as to wether you are being unbanned or not that is up to Ben, TRD sent him a message and you will have to wait till he can deal with it, he is very busy so it is hard to tell when he can look into things

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ok thanks, much appreciated

top topics

join