It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: The Indians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think it will be hard for them to win the wild card because whoever loses the yankees, sox battle will win the wild card...so i think they need to win the central

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The Indians are having a great year and if the Sox or Yanks don't make it, they will win it, nipping whoever loses the Al East/ West...However...the yankees and sox are too good to miss the postseason, but i think the indians have much to look forward to next year, maybe one more speedy guy and one more solid pitcher, they will be unstoppable

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Tonight begins the series that I believe will dictate who is in the playoffs. Tribe vs. Crappy White Sox(Now that I put it that way the Indians will get killed). If the Tribe sweeps them...It is a closed deal. Indians will win the division and White Sox's WC. In order for the Indians to make the playoffs I believe they are going to have to at the very least split the games this week and at the end. If the Indians lose both series it is over. IF they win or sweep I believe that also seals the deal in the Centrals favor.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Oh what a great game last night. I was mad because the Tribe put me on a horrible emotional roller coaster. Look out MLB the best team in baseball are getting their bats warmed up again

Wickman of course looks like he is giving birth. That or he is in terrible pain from walking out to the mound( I still like Wicky). Millwood is upsetting me because the guy doesn't smile. He looks so pissed off when he pitches. Have some fun buddy.

I was brain storming last night what the tribe needs to get to the next level. I think get rid of Casey Blake and Ben Broussard. YOu can trade them both and maybe some minor league players for a Jason Bay or I thought it would be cool to get Crawford. The Indians would have the fastest outfield in history.

Oh well thinking way ahead of myself. Just excited on how good Cleveland is playing.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The last tie was in 95. Seattle beat Anahiem in a 1 game playoff.

If Tribe falls short, it's been a great run. The team was put together to contend next year, so they are a year ahead of schedule. Boston/NY play a 3 game series, so the wildcard probably comes from the Central.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I do not want to hear about the loss last night. Westbrook pitched terrible. He was leaving stupid pitches over the plate that I think my 6 year old nephew could have put 400 feet into the stands. Vazquez made a stupid critical error. I am depressed. I can't handle these exciting games. I am going to have a heart attack.

Tonight is a BIG game. I can not stress the importance of this game for the Indians. If they lose they will be forced to sweep Chicago at the end of the year. Elarton vs. Garland...I give the edge to the White Sox but Hafner is hot again. Peralta is due for a big game. We shall see what happens. If Crede pulls that crap again tonight I am going to blow a gasket.

War Indians

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Is Hafner the best player in baseball right now or what??? 6Hr, 16Rbi 8Runs, 8walks and a .458 batting average in the last week.

Only 1.5 games back from the White Sox. Who honestly gives up a 15 game lead in a month and a half. The way I see it there is no stopping the Indians now. Their big hitters have exploded this week(Like I said they would) and they are having fun. Watch a tribe game all they do is play pranks on each other and laugh.

They are only 5 games away from the I believe magic 95 wins to clinch the WC. If they reach 95 wins before the Chicago series the division is theirs.

I said before that Boston would not make the playoffs. I don't know anymore. White Sox suck.

War Indians

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well I am probably going to curse the tribe right here right now.

The Indians capped off a great series against KC. They took 3 of 4. They are 92-64. NY and Boston are 91-64. They each have 7 games left while the Indians have 6. All the tribe have to do is take win the next series against Tampa Bay and then take Win the series against chicago to guarantee them in a one game playoff. Remeber either NY or Boston WILL have at least 2 losses. Cleveland has forced both NY and Boston to sweep to stay alive. (If they both sweep so help me god)

I am saying right now stick a fork in them BOSTON is done.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What will happen if the Yanks, Sox, and Indians are all tied?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh my doomsday would happen

The teams would play for the division title and then the losers would play for the WC.

I think a more screwed up scenerio would be if The yanks and Boston win tonight and then lose out. The Indians lose out and the Athletics win out. A's, yanks, Boston and Indians.
It would be a charlie foxtrot

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
well this has become a major heart attack. The Indians lost, the White Sox lost, Boston lost(it is to hard to sweep a DH) and the Yanks. Who would have thought. I swear, God dosen't want me to sleep well for at least 5 more nights
I havn't seen much like it.

PRONK your still my dude but where the hell was your bat tonight?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join