It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Willis a classy competitor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Dontrelle Willis publicly stated that Chris Carpenter or Roger Clemens should definetly win the Cy Young Award....today willis threw 8 shutout innings and handed the ball to todd jones and the bullpen who gave up 10 runs in the 9th....willis after the game blamed the loss on hiself after his bullpen's collapse....what a great person for baseball

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
he's having a standout year and is completely selfless

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Dontrelle is my favorite Pitcher. Not because of his wins or just how damn good he is, but for his proffesionalism. He should have had another CG SHO tonight, but his defense collapsed around him. I think Carpenter will win CY Young, but I think Dontrelle has earned it just as much.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hes a great competitor too, he can get a big hit, and steal a base if it means helping his team

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Carpenter's going to win the Cy Yound, but I almost think that Willis deserves it more, because he is more VALUABLE to the Marlins than Carpenter is to the Cardinals.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
with willis u pretty much know u have a stellar preformance in the bag every 5 days

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yea. The Marlins can't sustain loosing when Willis is on the mound. He pitches his heart out every night.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
if it was most valuable pitcher, willis would get it, but its for the best pitcher so carpenter will iwn, thats wat confuses lots of people between most valuable player and the cy young, they should just have one category for each, not value/best...just value

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Carpenter's going to win the Cy Yound, but I almost think that Willis deserves it more, because he is more VALUABLE to the Marlins than Carpenter is to the Cardinals.

Either one of those guys deserve it. Willis is so young. He will have many Cy Youngs in the future. And I bet he has an MVP under his belt by the time his career is over. I am an American League buff but when Willis pitches I make sure to watch. It is so much fun to watch a guy who has a lot of class. He has fun when he plays. It is so much better to watch a guy who has fun than one who treats it like a business $$$$

join