It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: MVP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
for once i agree with Harold Reynolds...A-rod shud win MVP over the great hitting david ortiz....their numbers are comprable in most areas....however arod has been more valuable with his base stealing and he also had a streak of over 60 games without an errror in his 2nd year at the postion...i'd say that's pretty valuable....ortiz should win the hank aaron award for the best hitter

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
However, no body has acknowledge arods tremendous avg, and his obp, or OPS, he is 2nd in the league in obp, 3rd in avg and first in Obp plus slugging which is OPS, arguably the most important stat, ortiz only has hr's and rbis (but 297 and 397obp are close to the good standards 300 and 400

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
and when did he get his 41st? i didnt see it

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This all true about Alex Rodriguez, but is he the most valuble player to the Yankees? The Yankees have so many other stars that help add to his stats, for instance he has excelent protection in that lineup with playera like Gary Sheffield, and Hideki Matsui. Overall I think that A-rod has had the best season overall, but that David Ortiz is a more valuble player to his team than Rodriguez is to his.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
u just dont like arod, and if i knew where u lived id put u in ur place little boy

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yea like you don't know where I live! And by the way, yes I don't like A-rod, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be biased against him just because I don't like him. He has far more protection and much better players around him rather than Ortiz. I think the Yankees could succed without him, I don't think the Red Sox could succed without Ortiz, making him more valuable. A-rod might be the best player in baseball, but that doesn't neccesarly mean is he the most valuable.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaldMartinezJackson
Yea like you don't know where I live! And by the way, yes I don't like A-rod, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be biased against him just because I don't like him. He has far more protection and much better players around him rather than Ortiz. I think the Yankees could succed without him, I don't think the Red Sox could succed without Ortiz, making him more valuable. A-rod might be the best player in baseball, but that doesn't neccesarly mean is he the most valuable.

SOX HAVE THE BEST HITTING IN THE LEAGUE
AND HES GOT MANNY BEHIND HIM WHO IS BETTER THAN MATSUI BEHIND AROD

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What about Gary Sheffield, Derek Jeter, Jason Giambi (red hot right now), and Luis Sojo?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Luis Sojo is the third base coach

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
and johnny damon and jason varitek

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
ortiz sits on the bench and puts cups in his ears and eats sunflower seeds while Arod is out on the field solitifying a position they had been struggling in since scott brosius left ...if the yankees didn't have Arod who would play 3rd? and the redsox do have the best offense behind ortiz statwise

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I know and I was only kidding. And I would much rather have Gary Sheffield and Hideki Matsui and Derek Jeter rather than Jason Varitek and Johnny Damon.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
johnny damon is 2nd in the league in hitting, and varitek is the 2nd best hitting catcher to victor martinez

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
what about manny siggs? and nixon meuller and millar and olerud has been hot

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Your telling me that you would rather have Millar, Muellar, and Olerud rather than Sheffield, Jeter, Giambi, and Matsui?

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
and damon and ramierez siggd

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
yea why didnt you include manny after i just wrote his name :angry-smiley-034:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Because you did just write his name.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Arod should win mvp, because of his defense. The offense is close, but replacing Arod (replacement player), is far tougher for a (good 3b), to a DH.

Ortiz btw, isn't a lock for Hank Aaron award. Arod leads AL in runs created, rc/27, and offensive win shares.

As for OPS being maybe the best stat, no. One, it isn't park adjusted. OPS+ is. Second, oba and slugging% are rated 50% each, where oba has far more value.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Arod matches ortiz in homeruns and is winning in average, losing in rbi's so its even until u add in his base running and his fielding

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join