It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Should be hall of famers?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If Bonds, Raffy, McGuire, Sosa or any of these dopeheads get in, Then their is no possible way Pete rose should be kept out. Atleast he admitted to what he did.
The hall shouldn't just be about all stats, Gutsy performances have to stand for something as well. Curt Shilling's numbers are mediocre when you think of the hall, but his performances in the Series with the D-Backs and especially the red sox (Bloody sock) Have to give him an extra look. :party-smiley-018:

i agree and joe jacksonand buck weaver should get in

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There are no exceptions to the rules. You should no that Will.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just because of someone's career doesn't mean that you can change the rules. No matter how stupid a rule is, that doesn't mean you can break it and still be in the Hall of Fame just because your Pete Rose.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
who cares about betting and why arent you busting the other guys chops he said it 2

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I already did bust his chops you just didn't read it, and he hasn't responded in a while. Again, you can say who cares about betting, Pete Rose didn't care, but it's still the rule, and it's always been the rule. Just because it's stupid doesn't mean you have a right to break it.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaldMartinezJackson
There are no exceptions to the rules. You should no that Will.

why so much emphasis on me...when did i ever say that...in other posts u agreed with me that joe jackson and pete rose should be in

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If I did, and I don't remember, then I have since changed my mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I feel that Joe Jackson deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, because he didn't do anything wrong. He was taken advantage of, and was made to look like the bad guy. Joe Jackson had an excuse. Something Pete Rose is cklearly lacking.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
IMO Pete Rose definitely should be punished for betting on sports. He should never be allowed to be an executive or coach again, and be banned from the sport...however, i think the HOF is about celebrating your accomplishments on the field...other HOF members did wrong things as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I believe andre dawson should be in, 503 doubles, 438 homers, 2770 hits and 24th on the all-time total bases list, in front of and behind HoF'ers

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I already talked about Andre Dawson earlier, and yes he should be in the Hall, for sure. So should Jim Rice, definatly.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Goosage and Sutter. 2 of the top 6 rp ever. Gossage closed back in the day where closers threw the 8th and 9th. Not this easy 9th only stuff nowdays. RP is a position, just like sp.

Betting is a HUGE deal. You can't have player's betting on bb. This is very easy to understand. You would never know if a player threw a game or not, based on bets. BB would have zero credibility.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
but there are tons of other players who have bet

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join