It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: The American League East

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Who do you think is going to come out on top in the American League East, and for that matter the American League wild card?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Whoever wins the next yankees vs. red sox series, hopefully the indians or the other west team, and i also believe whoever wins the al west will win the pennant.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I believe the Red Sox and Yankees will win the East/Wild Card in either order.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Possibly, but neither has good pitching and thats what's so important during the latter part of the season and post-season

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I agree with the fact that either team, no matter who wins the division or wild card, will go to the playoffs. Meaning that whoever comes in second will win the wildcard. These two teams are too strong not to make it too the playoffs. Furthermore, this can only be made possible if the Yankees can ovide another slide (Which I hope they don't). The Red Sox have (thankfuilly) proven themselves as a team that will not slide and will remain a contending team.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'd like to see the indians make the WC, just so we can see a new face in the playoffs... but I think it'll be the Angels/A's or Yankees.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I too would like to see the indians in the playoffs. The Indians are one of my favorite teams, but also because I hate the Yankees and it would be nice not to have them in the playoffs for once.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
one your 18 favorite teams

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
lol. I only like a few teams and the Indians happen to be one of them FYI.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
redsox, phillies, mets, tigers, used to like yankees, devil rays, dodgers?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Since when do I like the Dodgers or the Phillies. I do like the D-Rays though, LOL.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And just because I like a team doesn't mean I am a fan of that team. It just means that I like to see that team win.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
HEY LAY OFF MY FELLOW INDIANS FAN. Reginald its ok you don't have to be tough and hide your feelings about the Indians. I am not ashamed I have learned to live with it.

Every once in awhile the Tribe will give you something back. AND Boston this is the year so you can take a backseat to Indians in the WC. Yes I said Boston...I hate the Yankees but Boston's bullpen is unraveling. they are getting into chaos. Guys are bitching at playing time. Not a good sign. The rest of the team is fine but you need a bullpen to win championships.

For the Next 5 years Boston and that New York team are going to be in a world of hurt. D-Rays are young and probably the second best team in baseball when they feel like playing. They will learn consistancy with time. Their success will all depend on if they may be able to keep the core of players together. I don't see it happening past the next three years.

As some of you may know I live and die with the Indians. But i am not biased
I speak the truth..and that is why I know they are the best team in Baseball. And their core players are extrmely young. They just need to find another big bat like Hafner to replace Casey Blake. I like Blake but he just has some terrible at bats. Also, the Indians need Huston Street to replace Wickman. Wickman is good, he is like 70. He is the oldest guy on the team by like 50 years. You take out wickman and the average age on the team is 25-26. So watch out world

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am not an Indians fan I am a Red Sox fan. If you want to go out and say that I am the biggest Indians fan in history because I like to see them winning (cough cough win the wild card over the Yankees) then fine. I don't consider just likeing a team and hoping they win a fan. The team you are a fan of is the team you route for day in and day out IMO.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
He is trying to do it by telling me Bob Wickwan facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
anybody remember baltimore, and palmeiro and tejada and roberts...they all went down the drain, toronto needed halladay for a chance, tampa bay needs pitching

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

He is trying to do it by telling me Bob Wickwan facts

Your damn right Reginald...Wicky is the man. 41 saves. And come on I know you have tribe fever. Your Boston team had their fun last year now it is Clevelands turn( We havn't won ANY sports championships in over 40 years. So Chicago can keep their mouth shut. The indoor soccer doesn't count.)

lol another double post i dont care tho.....yea bob wickman sucks he just gets 3 outs with a 5-2 lead

Wickman is good he is just old. He can't have more than one more year left in him. The guy probably has grandchildren. But he does have 41 saves and he makes the end of the game exciting. Real exciting. Especially when he runs over to first falls down and slams into base runners
Never a dull day with Wickman on the mound.

anybody remember baltimore, and palmeiro and tejada and roberts...they all went down the drain, toronto needed halladay for a chance, tampa bay needs pitching

Baltimore should be killing everyone in Baseball. that team was setup for the Worldseries. Who honestly jumps out to a huge lead in their division and then gives it up. And is a pushover team now. Give the needle back to Palmeiro. They need all the help they can get.

Lilly and Halladay were hude loses. Halladay was also a huge loss for my fantasy team. If those two guys were healthy all year the WC and division series would be even more interesting.

Tampa Bay does have good young pitching. the thing they need is consitency. It is the problem with a good young team. The Indians went through it last year. They would lose for a month then kill everyone for month. It was annoying. Now they have some consitency. I feel that tampa bay will be right in or atop the wild card race next year. That team is going to have some problems resigning players in the future. $$$$

Reginald: Your Red Sox's better keep it together for 2 more weeks else they won't be playing in the month of Oct. Yankees and Indians have no sign of slowing down. Damon is not looking to healthy right now and what the hell is going on with Foulke. He sucks and eats up a lot of salary an is running his mouth. The starting pitching is starting to fall. Finally they have to play the A's this weekend, In my mind the second best team in baseball behind Cleveland
Manny and Ortiz is holding them together.

I think We could know who is going to be in the Wild card by the end of next week.

Indians play KC and then Chicago. They win that Chicago series they will be playing in the post season. Then the tribe close out the year with Chicago. That may be to decide the division and which team goes to the WC.

Redsox's play Oak,tampa bay and then finish out with Yankees. I believe that this weekend and next week will be the deciding factor if Boston holds on to the division. If they fall and play the Yankees for the division at the end then no WC comes out of the east. Boston plays some dangerous teams. should be interesting

Oakland and L.A. these two teams play a tough one also. They play each other 4 more times. One team has to fall just like NY and Boston so I don't feel the WC can come from here. That series will be for the division. Then Oakland ends with seattle who is on a tear lately.

I will maintain that Cleveland or Chicago takes the Wild Card. Chicago is not in the WC race, but Cleveland is slowly bringing it to them. As they are doing that they are pulling away slowly but surely. If the Tribe builds enough steam into mid next week then the final Indians series against Chicago is for the division and loser plays WC(Remeber, clevelands big bats are in a big slump. When will they break out?)

Little Fact:

Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez make more than the entire Cleveland Indians roster. Wow I will take the team with heart than $$$ anyday.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
For your information I happen to like Bob Wickman very much. I used to REALLY like the Indians when I was in 6th grade, when they had him, and my former favorite player, still up there though, Jim Thome.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i was joking just bustin wickys chops ...hes a having a great year...u shud be in our mod topic contest thing that Giants fan invited us for

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Oh boy looks like my prediction is coming closer to reality....

AL East - Yankees( i hate them)
Al Central- Cleveland Vs. Chicago
AL West - A's
WC - loser Cleveland vs. Chicago

Boston better pull it together now. Going into the series with the Yankees they better have some breathing room.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join