It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: HR/RBI leaders for '05

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Who will it be in the end?

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
home runs- AL AROD NL A JONES

RBIS- Manny and NL im not playing attention

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I believe that Andrew Jones will lead the NL in homeruns, and RBIs, espeacially playing on an Atlanta Braves team that scores their share of runs. In the AL I think that Alex Rodriguez (even though I despise of him) will lead the AL in homeruns. On the contrary, I believe that David Ortiz will lead the AL in runs batted in.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
NL HR

Andruw Jones- Jones has 49 HR's. The next closest player in any league has 41, which is Derrek Lee and Alex Rodriguez. It's obvious Jones will win te HR title, unless he goes extremely cold, and Derrek Lee goes on a super hot streak.

AL HR

David Ortiz- Ortiz tends to shine in September. A Rod has coled off slightly, and Ortiz jacked two more tonight to amass a total of 40 HR's. It wil be a race between A Rod and Ortiz, but I believe Ortiz will come out on top.

NL RBI

Andruw Jones- Pujols is second to Jones with 107 RBI. Jones has 121 already, which is 4th most in the entire league, behind Manny's 122, and Teixeira and Ortiz's 126. I don't see anyone in the NL catching Jones.

AL RBI

David Ortiz- For the same reason as above, he shines in September. Ortiz will hit many HR's for the Sox, which will resut in more RBI. Teixeira does have a real chance, as the rangers are a high scoring team, but Ortiz always has people on base.

NL Batting Title

Albert Pujols- Currently, Pujols and Lee are tied at .338. Lee has been in a slump since shortly after the All-Star brak, and has to make up a lot of work to beat Pujols. Pujols average will only change +- 10 points until the end of te season. With the Cards ensured playoff spot, Pujols my rest some later games, which is going to maybe save his Avg from dropping any, so I thinkhe'll get the batting title.

AL HR

Michael Young- Michael Young is the current leader in the AL with a .330 average. Don't pay attentio much to the AL, so I'm not entirely sure about this one. Michael Young is consistent, so he should maintain his current average for the last 19 games of the season. Johnny Damon is batting .321, so it is possible that Damon will catch him in the closing games of the season

new topics

top topics

join