It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: AL/NL Wildcards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Who do you think will win either?

Me-

AL-Indians
NL-Nats

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I see you finally got your pic to work...

I think picking the NL wildcard will be easier, for me at least. I don't watch much of the AL, so I doubt my pick will be right there. Anyways... here's my prediction:

NL

Philadelphia Phillies

I say the Phillies because they are tied for 2nd in both Wins at Home and Wins Away in the top 5 in the wildcard standings.

AL

Oakland Athletics/ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

I say both, because whichever does not win the division, will win the Wild-Card. both are playing extremely well right now.

KJ

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I gotta be biased with the NL Wild Card Race...

Houston Astros

They've been slipping a little bit, but for this team to lose all that it did (Beltran, Bagwell, Kent) it's remarkable for them to even be this close. KEY series coming up between Houston-Philly. Washington, as usual, will fall out of the race soon. Florida will make a push and scare some folks, but I jus believe it comes down to the winner of that Hou-Phi series.

My AL pick is the Yankees as bad as I hate to say it. I just really can't imagine Joe Torre sitting at home in Sept/Oct. It doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen... like Duke missing the Dance, Miami not making a bowl game, the Lakers missing the NBA playoffs... (wait...the last one actually happened...)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

My AL pick is the Yankees as bad as I hate to say it. I just really can't imagine Joe Torre sitting at home in Sept/Oct. It doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen... like Duke missing the Dance, Miami not making a bowl game, the Lakers missing the NBA playoffs... (wait...the last one actually happened...)

I hate the Yankees. They are allowed to lose you know. Everyone needs to quit swinging from their jock straps.

timmyespo3 its about time you gave the best team in the AL right now some respect. Go tribe. THey have the best bullpen in baseball...I complete lineup full of speed and power. One of the best defensive teams in the league and they are all very young. With exception of Wickman. They also have one of the easiest schedules to finish out the year.

To all you Yankee lovers....Better luck next year. Also, I hate Peter Gammons.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I see you finally got your pic to work...

I think picking the NL wildcard will be easier, for me at least. I don't watch much of the AL, so I doubt my pick will be right there. Anyways... here's my prediction:

NL

Philadelphia Phillies

I say the Phillies because they are tied for 2nd in both Wins at Home and Wins Away in the top 5 in the wildcard standings.

AL

Oakland Athletics/ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

I say both, because whichever does not win the division, will win the Wild-Card. both are playing extremely well right now.

Yeah, it's working. Thatnks man!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
YOU CAN"T GO BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL PREDICTION OF THE INDIANS!!!. What the hell. Now I am mad. Travis Hafner would eat you for lunch if he read that.

You heard it here first... Cleveland Indians will win the World Series in 6 games. Travis Hafner and Johnny Peralta will be Co-MVP's. The Tribes CC Sabathia will come around and pitch like he is supposed to in Sept and OCT. with Cliff Lee and Westbrook staying solid like they have all year. Millwood will also continue to be a rock but recieving run support unlike the beggining of the year. And the Bullpen will do what they have been doing.

Once again: Sorry Yankees better luck next year...Peter Gammons Sucks.(I hate him because he pretends the Indians aren't alive. He talks more about the Twins than the Tribe. Oh yeah Gammons I forgot the Indians are tied for first in the Wild Card not the Twins)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Phils

angels

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
N.L. Wild Card - Mets
A.L. Wild Card - Indians

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm gonna take the Nats in the N.L. because their pitching is coming together and they're winning as I type this. Livan , J Patterson, Loaiza, Armas Jr. are pitching well and the team is starting to score some runs after Brad Wilkerson's motivation.....however if they fail I will go with Marlins because of their great pitching....I think they should go into a 4 man rotation......Astros don't give their pitchers enough run support....Mets don't have the pitching.....Phillies i have no idea.

In the A.L. I will take the Yankees because their lineup is on fire going into the last month of the season...Small is pitching great..Randy Johnson is showing signs of finally coming together...Chacon is consistent...and Wang might come back soon who I think is there best pitcher...Jaret Wright is pretty good.....The A's/Angels are still in the race though...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For the AL i have to go with the Yankees, the Indians are falling back, and I just dont think the A's have enough for the rest of the year,

In the NL i think its gonna be the Mets, I'd love to see them in the Playoffs, if they make it i thinhk they ould be a real contender, with Pedro !!

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Oh goodness gracious this cleveland boy is getting playoff fever. WHO said the Tribe is falling off. All you did was upset us and we took over the Wildcard. There are some huge games coming up for everyone in the AL. Boston Vs. NY and then NY vs Tampa Bay(who they can't beat)
Minn vs. Cleveland and then Cleveland vs. Oakland ( gonna be a good one)

AL: Tribe
NL: Florida

TRD

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm hoping the A's can keep it up and put another good run together to see them through..

Man am i hoping the Yankees choke, with all that money and talent they should be well out in front, but there pitching has sucked large for most of the season.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The NATS don't have a chance. They have been the luckiest team in bb.

AL- NYY

NL- Houston, 3 sp who are having great years.

top topics

join