It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Cy Young
MVP
Relief Pitcher
AL Champion
NL Champion
World Series Champion
AL/NL Wildcard

I just wanna see some opinions...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Cy Young

I gotta say that the Cy young is gonna be between Chris Carpenter of the Cardinals and Jon garland of the White Sox. I would like to say that Roger Clemens would get it, but I don't think he has enough wins, though his ERA is outrageous. But my pick is Chris Carpenter

MVP

NL

MVP has gotten fairly difficult lately. I was thinking it would be either Derek Lee or even Andruw Jones... but both have cooled off. And it's known that the higher stats don't necessarilly means the MVP. McGwire had 70 HR's, but Sosa won it over him, which is why I believe Lee won't get it. So here I have to go with the guy that has been second place for more than 2 years. Albert Pujols

AL

I honostly can't make a pick here because I don't watch very much AL baseball. So i'll go with Brian Roberts.

Relief Pitcher

I don't follow relief pitching too closely, so I'll just say Chad Cordero since he's leading the league.

AL Champion

Since they are completely unbeatable, I'll have to go with the Chicago White Sox

NL Champion

This is a very tough one for me. I want to be biased and say that the Braves will, which is highly possible seeing how they've been playing lately. And even when they had a line-up filled with Rookies. But I have to go with the MVP's team. I think the St. Louis Cardinals.

World Series Champion

I don't think that the White Sox will be able to keep up with the Cardinals. I would expect Pujols to have a big October, and lead the Cards to a Title. I choose the St. Louis Cardinals.

AL/NL Wildcard

NL

Well... seeing as how the Astros will win a lot of games, and that the Cardinals are obviously gonna win the division. I choose the Houston Astros.

AL

Right now, the AL West has 2 60 win teams. The Angels and the Athletics. I can't make a specific pick, but with the Athletics being so hot, I say they'll get the division and that the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will get the Wild Card.

Rookies of the Year

NL

I think the obvious choice for the ROTY award for the NL is Jeff Francoeur. He is batting over .400 in 19 or so games with the braves with 6 HR's, 16 RBI, and 15 R. He didn't start until the second half of the season, so he may be overlooked stat-wise by other rookies.

AL

Again... I don't watch enough AL baseball to make a good prediction. So I'll say Nick Swisher of Oakland.

join