It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: interleague play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
this weekend we start interleague play, i for one don't like it and think that it has outlived it's usefulness, when they started it was a novelty and gave fans a chance to see some players in the other league that they would not usually get a chance to see, but in my opinion it has gotten old
while it may be fine in new york or chicago where there is a rivalry between teams that the fans want to see who do we get here in seattle???? we get san diego....the 2 teams in the bay area play each other, the 2 las angeles teams play and that leaves the mariners and padres, the only thing that these teams have in common is that they share a spring training facility....and we play them every year, why don't they rotate the teams so that the giants would come one year and the dodgers another?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I thought they did rotate the teams later in the year. Aren't there a few times per season that they have interleague play?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I enjoy watching interleague play. I like the opportunity to see players from other teams play against my team, its something different and they dont play that many interleague series where I could see it affecting the standings. I still see it as a type of novelty just to switch things up, I get tired of seeing the same old teams over and over.

Before the season when I was looking at the Phillies schedule, alot of the series that caught my eye were the interleague ones. The Red Sox are coming to Philly next month as well as the Texas Rangers and I plan on going to one of the games in each series.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't like Interleague play for the simple fact that some teams (i'm gonna pick on the Marlins here) get the give me games while others get the hard ones that all the other teams don't get. Example the Marlins are playing the Devil Rays this weekend, while the Braves are in Beantown playing the World Champion Red Sox. It would be better if all the teams in a division played the same teams, but i still don't think i would like it. Some people it's all for the fans, to bring in new teams they normally wouldn't see. To this i reply, then spice it up a little and use AL rules in NL parks and NL rules in AL parks, really give the fans something they don't see and have the pitchers bat in an AL park and use DH's(another thread in itself, Click for official Sportztawk DH thread) in NL parks, otherwise it needs to go.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's stories like this that make interleague play cool, though -

The black cat wandered from one dugout to the other and made its way toward the Chicago Cubs' bullpen before disappearing into the Wrigley Field stands.

How fitting.

A few days before the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs meet for the first time in almost 90 years, the poster child for bad karma shows up at Wrigley.

source

Yahoo sports

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well the BoSox shook their "curse", now it's the Cubs turn. It'll be tough for the Cubbies this year though as the injury bug has been pretty bad to them. Tough to lose players like Nomar, Prior, Wood, etc. and still be successful although they've done pretty well, but Derek Lee's back has got to be getting heavy from carrying this team.

Definitely a fan of interleague play.

At least Bud did one thing right.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Who knows, maybe the curse remedy will rob off on the cubbies?

top topics

join