It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: the winningest pitcher alive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i found this colum and thought it was interesting enough to share here, did you know that when roger clemens won his 330th game he became the winningest pitcher alive passing steve carlton?

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'Bpcmc2NWVyBF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwNvZQ--?slug=cnnsi-topoftheheap&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That's my boy!

Another proud member of the Gibbstown Boomers.

Yeah, i remember hearing about this right before it happened. I think it was in his profile in our league.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
yeah i saw that too, i think Maddux is the next closest but he's not close to catching Clemmens. I think he's at 315 or so. Here's a dumb question do you think anyone will ever surpass Cy Young? I don't think it will happen not with the 5 man rotation they use now.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
How many did he win again, like, 500 or so? I know it's way up there.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
How many did he win again, like, 500 or so? I know it's way up there.

it's either 511 or 517 not sure, did you also know that he's the only pitcher to have over 400 losses.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Clemens doesn't seem to age one bit.

He's pitching lights out again this season, still one of the most dominating pitchers in baseball. If only the Astros gave him some run support, his record would be up there with Willis' and Jon Garland's. Last I heard they were putting up a run and a half a game for him, tough to win like that. With the Astros struggling and getting lost in the NL Central, I think it's very likely that we'll see Roger back in Yankee pinstripes come September. He has said that is the only place he would accept a trade to and wouldn't rule out a return if the Astros aren't going anywhere, which it appears they're not at this pace.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
cy youngs' record is 511-316 with an era of 2.63 over a 22 year career

top topics

join