It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Ichiro or Pujols

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Two of the games top superstars in Ichiro and Pujols, are great players, nobody can deny that, but the question is who would you want to build your franchise around?

Ichiro can get hits just about any game, and pujols can crank those homers in, but who do you want to be your team leader? who is best to lead your franchise to a championship?

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Which one is getting on basemore often, who has more RBI's? That would be my decision maker.

TRD

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Pfft...

You can't compare the two, Ichiro is a one dimensional player.

Pujols is by far the better player, he has done something that Ichiro.. even Bonds and Vlad never managed to do. Hit over 100 runs, 30+ homers, 100+ RBI's and well over a .300 average in each of his four years he has been playing. He will only get better and better. Pujols led St Louis to there div championship, what has Ichiro done? I'd take Pujols everytime...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
for me it would depend on who else was on the team. if i had a bunch of players that get on base and can steal alot of bases it'd take Pujols to drive the runs in. If i had people capable of hitting it out of the park every time they stepped up to the plate i'd take Ichiro. In an ideal world i'd have both of them with Pujols batting behind ichiro, but how often do situations like that happen? Oh yeah everytime the Yankees decide they need to add $100 million to the payroll.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Pujols is by far the better of the two. Ichiro relies on his 1b hitting and doesn't put up any decent power numbers. Now if he added some pop to his bat and smacked in a few homeruns that might make things a little different.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Pujols easy, and i'm a Seattle fan.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Definately Pujols... He'll hit for average, RBI, Doubles, and HR's. Ichiro is great when I only need a SB or a BH.

top topics

join