It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: NY Yankees '05

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
here is a link to the story

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'BpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-yankees-giambi&prov=ap&type=lgns

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Oakland fan removed after tossing beer on Yankees' Giambi

A fan threw a beer at Yankees slugger Jason Giambi in the eighth inning of New York's 15-6 victory over Oakland on Saturday night, the latest embarrassing incident in the Coliseum's recent problems with overzealous fans.

Giambi was hit by the fan as he walked back to the Yankees' dugout after flying out. Several other fans immediately pointed out the offending spectator, who was brusquely removed by security and police.

An Oakland Police Department spokesperson didn't immediately know details about the fan's detainment.

Giambi was dampened but uninjured, and the former A's slugger didn't take offense.

"I'm not going to let one idiot ruin it," Giambi said. "I've got too many good memories here. ... Some fans are starting to get out of control, there's no doubt about it, but security jumped right on it."

Giambi has been booed loudly at the Coliseum ever since he left the A's before the 2002 season to sign a seven-year contract with New York. The slumping designated hitter went 1-for-4 against Oakland to improve his average to .200.

The incident was at least the third strange altercation involving Oakland fans in three years.

www.sportsline.com...

Yet another moronic fan rearing his ugly head in the sports world.

Not to mention all that beer he wasted.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hopefully the authorities will come down hard on this guy and send the message that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable from fans or players, after all it is just a game.....

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
the fan who threw beer on jason spent the night in jail and will face multiple charges, everyone here knows that i am not a fan of the yankees or giambi, but i hope they throw the book at this guy, there is no place for this in sports

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'BpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-yankees-athletics-giambi-beer&prov=ap&type=lgns

Ben

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If Bernie Williams was rusty, he sure didn't show it. Then again, Williams often comes through when the Yankees need him.

Williams rallied New York with his 11th career grand slam, and the Yankees beat the Seattle Mariners 6-3 Monday night to extend their winning streak to nine.

At 20-19, the Yankees moved over .500 for the first time since they were 3-2 after beating Baltimore on April 9

LINK

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
bernie and tino are the class of the yankees, it is good to see them do well, but let's not forget...look at the teams the yankees have been beating on this streak, the lowly A's and the woeful M's, the yanks might be playing better ball but let's see what happens when they get up against some of the big boys again

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
True tj. As impressive as the 10-game winning streak looks, it sure is against a couple struggling teams.

They're beating Seattle tonight 6-2 in the 3rd inning.

Their next series begins Friday as they travel all the way to Shea stadium to play the Mets in the first weekend of interleague play. The "Subway Series" is back.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just watching the Yanks-Mariners game, pretty bizarre 6th inning.

Top of the 6th, the Yankees load the bases for Hideki Matsui who runs up a 3-0 count before striking out to end the inning and leaving the bases juiced.

Bottom of the 6th after a Jeremy Reed walk, the M's get two on after Miguel Olivo struck out but Posada couldnt pick up the ball after dropping the third stike leaving Olivo safe at first. Then Wilson Valdez singled scoring Reed and Olivo scored after Sheffield's bad throw went into the dugout. It's tied 6-6 going to the bottom of the 7th. Ibanez has been on fire lately, he has 2 doubles and 3 RBI's tonight already.

Gotta love MLBTV.

[Edited on 5-18-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
the mariners finally played like a proffesional team and took one from the evil empire, the way the season has gone for seattle i am suprised that they had it in them to battle back the way they did

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Randy Johnson hasn't been a $57 million bust or gone from "Big Unit" to "Big Salad".
Yet, the season is 25 percent finished and the Yankees are waiting for Johnson to string together a necklace of his signature gems.

It's apparent the Yankees need Johnson to be more than the pitcher he has been so far, because the Yankees will go as far as their starting arms carry them.

"Have I been successful up to this point?" asked Johnson, who is 4-3 with a 3.94 ERA in nine starts. "No. Not by my standards."

It's clear the Yankees are going to be inconsistent at the plate until an outfielder (Pat Burrell?) with a bat is acquired before the July 31 trading deadline.

And the outfield may not be the first area addressed. While Joe Torre's bullpen has been very good lately, age is a major concern. That's why you are going to hear about Billy Wagner and Danys Baez.

Sure, Roger Clemens coming to The Bronx is a delicious thought. But as the Yankees open a three-game series against the Tigers tonight at Yankee Stadium and the Red Sox visiting for the weekend, their rotation is the reason they have run off 12 wins in 14 games and gotten back into the AL East race.

They trail the first-place Orioles by 41/2 games and the second-place Red Sox by 21/2.

In those 14 games, the starters are 12-1 with a 2.99 ERA. The lone loser was Johnson, who was beaten by the Mets, 7-1, Saturday.

New York Post

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the lowly kansas city royals swept the powerful yankees in a 3 game series, it is just the third time in their history the yankee franchise has been swept by the team with the worst record in the majors, the yankees who won 16 out of 18 have now lost 5 in a row...

on friday "THE BOSS" held a conferance call with joe torre and gm brian chasman concerning the teams recent play, betcha it wasn't a happy phone call

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You can bet they'll be making a few moves before the July 31st trading deadline.

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The Yanks still not doing that great? I thought they put a good run together? Oh well its good news i suppose..... Go Baltimore.. :party-smiley-018:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Good things were happening while I was away.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yanks got beat again today by C Silva and Minnesota..

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Torre went off after thier latest loss...

[quoteTorre, who had been hoping a 12-3 victory at Milwaukee on Wednesday would jump-start his team, held a closed-door meeting after the Yankees lost for the eighth time in 10 games on a season-high 12-game trip. He wouldn't discuss the subject matter with the media.

"That's nobody's business," Torre said. "I'm just not very happy. It was an ugly game. We didn't play hard enough, we didn't do anything to help ourselves win.

"It was an embarrassing game."

ESPN

Maybe Johnson can pull one out for them today.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What a streaky team this Yankees squad is.

They started off very slow, then went on a winning streak, and now have gone 3-11 in the past two weeks after losing to the Cardinals today.

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It looks like the Yankees could fire manager Joe Torre and replace him with Lou Piniella.

Players to go aswell?

Hideki Matsui, Jason Giambi, Bernie Williams, GM Brian Cashman, pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre and first base coach Roy White may not be back with the Yankees next season.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I heard the D-rays will try to prevent Pinella from going to the Yanks this season.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join