It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: NY Yankees '05

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
tampa bay pounded the yankees kevin brown for 6 runs in the first inning today, tb 6 nyy 0 at the end of the first :party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
They ended up losing 11-4 to the Devil Rays, Kevin Brown got shellacked.

'Ol George must be steaming after another embarrasing loss, it's amazing how many runs they've surrendered already this year.

The loss drops them to 11-16, still 6 1/2 behind the Orioles for the AL East lead. Somehow Toronto shutout that potent Baltimore offense tonight.

TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You think Baltimore can sustain it? Or will the Yankees and Bosox prove too strong over the season? Yankees are still off to a bad start....

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
there is no reason to believe that "THE BOSS" will let his 200 million dollar payroll go down the toilet with a losing record, he is apt to pick up any overpaid player whose team falls out of contention in order to bolster the yankees roster even more, i think that the orioles are on the right track and have a good foundation but i believe that they will come back to earth sooner or later and be beaten by both the yankees and red sox, next year may be another story though

TRD

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was reading earlier that the Yanks might drop Bernie Williams. Now there is a rumor that they might make a trade for a center fielder, with Cincinnati's Ken Griffey Jr., Texas' Richard Hidalgo, Florida's Juan Encarnacion or the Mets' Mike Cameron on the list...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
the yankees are running out of people to trade, they have already traded most of their young players that have any future, and the major leaguers that they have are aging fast with big contracts with payoffs over many years, if they make a deal it would have to be with a player and lots of cold hard cash

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
if they make a deal it would have to be with a player and lots of cold hard cash

That's solmething that Georgie won't shy away from doing, I'm sure. I saw somthing of a rumour that Clemens might get traded back there...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Yankees gave up 11 runs again tonight, losing to the D-Rays 11-8.

They drop to 11-17 with the loss.

You cant blame the offense, putting 8 runs up on the board but you just cant continually surrender double-digit run totals and expect to have any kind of success.

With the Yankees really struggling and Boston's pitching staff in shambles, the Orioles really have a chance to get a nice lead in the division. I dont think the O's will fade, that lineup is stacked and will produce runs like they have been doing. they have decent pitching and thats all you need when you get the kind of run support the bats are providing.

Although not his biggest fan, I sure hope Jason Giambi is OK after being hit in the face with a pitch tonight. He came out of the game but he did walk off the field on his own so hopefully he's ok.

How many fingers?

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
the yankees lost to the devil rays again tonight 6-2, it's official, the yankees are in last place in the american league east....the only thing that could be better than this is if the mariners would start hitting !!!!!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yanks in last place, the Lakers suck, and the steelers and Cowboys suck...it's like sports nirvana...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Yanks in last place, the Lakers suck, and the steelers and Cowboys suck...it's like sports nirvana...

You got the first two right, but when the Cowboys and Steelers are BOTH better than the Redskins, you might want to leave football out of this.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just when you think the yanks are going to start to pull things together they fall miserably apart like they are doing, they get a win followed by 3 or 4 losses.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Yankees, like my beloved Phillies, are really struggling and camped out in last place in the division.

It doesnt look to get any easier for the Yanks tonight, they face tough lefty Barry Zito.

New York (11-18) has lost seven of its last nine games and four consecutive series to plunge seven games under .500 for the first time since July 18, 1995, when it was 33-40. The Yankees share the AL East cellar with the Devil Rays, who have won four of six meetings between the teams after going 4-15 against New York last season.

sports.yahoo.com...;_ylc=X3o'___'BpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?gid=250505130&prov=ap

[Edited on 5-6-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Yankees are losing 3-1 to the A's in the 8th inning.

Pavano has pitched well, only allowing 3 runs on 7 hits so far but again the bats are silent.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yankees lose again, 6-3 in 10 innings.

The loss drops them to 11-19, they are amidst a 4-game losing streak and are 2-8 in their last 10 games.

Mussina takes the hill tomorrow afternoon to try and end the losing streak.

The epitome of the Yankees season tonight. Bottom of the 8th, tie ballgame. Posada pinch-hits and ends up on second with two-outs after a single and a couple fielders choices. Matsui comes up and gets the intentional walk. Two men on, two outs, tie game, and up comes A-Rod. Dont you know Posada gets thrown out trying to steal third? First of all, Posada isnt the fastest guy. Second, third base is not an easy base to steal. And third and most of all, you dont risk taking the bat out of a hitter like A-Rod's hands with a runner in scoring position in a tie game. Bonehead play, and it could have cost them the game.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Yankees 11-19 record is their worst in their first 30 games since
1966. A loss today would be their worst start after 31 games since a 9-22
start in 1913 :party-smiley-018:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Yanks shut out the A's today 5-0 behind a complete game by Mike Mussina and 3 RBI's by A-Rod.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
did you know that the yankees are spending more on their 14th ranked bullpen than the 4 teams with the top ranked bullpens are spending combined?

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

You got the first two right, but when the Cowboys and Steelers are BOTH better than the Redskins, you might want to leave football out of this.

I'll give you the Steelers, they had an amazing season, (but choked in the playoffs, that's what made me smile
), but, the 'boys had the same6-10 record that the 'skins had. They both sucked, but seeing the Cowgirls down there too lessened the pain...

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i've got the mariners yankees game on tv and it sounds like there is something going on with giambi...he is not in tonights lineup and the rumor is that he is being sent down to the minors !!!! only george could have an 80 million dollar minor leager

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join