It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: NY Yankees '05

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yup, getting hammered again today.

They came in with a 7-10 record and are losing to Texas 10-1 in the 8th inning at Yankee Stadium. The pitching staff has given up four homeruns but then again the offense needs more than one run so nothing seems to be going right for the big payroll monsters.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's called pitching and the Yankees bullpen is pretty much lacking in effort so far. Carl Pavano is the only one who has pitched half decent with a reasonable era. Even Randy has been getting smacked all over the place and just about makes up for it with his K's...

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Is that the Yankess i see at the bottom of the AL East?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's great to see, not just beacuse its the Yankees. Any team that feels the need to try to buy a world series or whatever it is, people love to see fail. Its all about the underdog for a neutral, people want to see them win. The Yankees will no doubt bounce back like they did last season, but the way they are pitching you never know. If the bats start to falter aswell, then they are in trouble.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So is there not any Yankee fans prepared to step up and defend thier team?

Do they only speak when the going is good?

I for one would like to hear their opinions as to why thier teams sucks right now and what could be done to resolve it.

The Yankees must have a huge following and we only got one prepared to say anthing and thats only very rarely.

C'mon, to all the closet Yankee fans on here and who visit as guests i'm calling you out to speak up now.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Today it was the Yankees turn, beating the Rangers 11-1.

The Unit went 8 innings, had 7 k's and only allowed 1 run on 3 hits.

Jaret Wright was just placed on the DL with an injured shoulder.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I actually believe they will make a comback. They started off bad but they won't be like this for long. They bought the wrong players also. Randy Johnson, even though good, is getting old and will be retiring sometime soon. He doesn't have the flare he once had in his pitch, even though he has that 100 mph pitch.

Just give the Yankees time and they will own up to their name, even though I don't like the Yankees.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
of course the yankees will make a comeback an dbe at or near the top of the league come september, but let's all enjoy their embaressment while it lasts

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sure the yankees arn't playing like yankees right now, and everybody can see that. But also its the what first 3 weeks of baseball, people have to settle down into their groves, and every team this year is going to go through a rough patch its just how it works. Watch out when that happens to your team.

But nobody can sit here and say that the yankees won't make the playoffs, cause that is highly doubtful, with the talent and the coaching very hard chance of them not making it into the playoffs. The yankees have shown signs of good games, its only time before it all comes together.

TRD

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What about Baltimore? Thier bats are huge at the moment...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The yanks are in one of the toughtest divisions in baseball, though, aren't they? The playoffs aren't a given, even for them...

[Edited on 5/1/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Yankees are playing the LA Angels tonight.

A Rod is 3-for-3 with a 2-run homerun, a 3-run homerun, and a Grand Slam!

He needs a solo homer for the homerun cycle. I wonder if thats ever been done, I doubt it but you never know.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A Rod is slacking, he just hit an RBI single.

He's 4 for 4 with 3 homers and 10 RBI's.

Its only the sixth inning.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
He just singled... He's 4-4 with 3 HR's and 10 RBI!!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I looked it up and from what I saw... no player has ever hit for the cycle in HR's. Though there have been a few teams that have.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
They also said on ESPN that it's never been done. He really didn't have a chance at the solo, there were men on base everytime he came to bat. What a night though.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, after the first month of the season, the Yankees are in fourth place and 7 1/2 games out of the AL East lead.

They lost to Toronto again today 8-6, they're 4-6 in their last 10 games.

TRD

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
At least the Yankees are being consistant... Even if it is in losing...

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
isn't it about time for the boss to have another little tantrum??? at least they are out of the cellar

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
they will pull it together, or torre will be outta there just wait

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join