It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: The Mets

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
what is going on with the Mets, all these off-season changes, bringing in top pitchers, top outfielder, but its still the same old mets who can't close out games, and can't even win a game now. The Mets record is currently 0-5, and now Pedro is on the mound today, can he give the Mets their first win of the season?

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The Mets are blowing out of their A-holes at the moment.

Seriously its not like they are playing real bad, just the other teams seem to be in the groove more than them. They put up some good offense with Matsui and Reyes yesterday...

Pedro Martinez v John Smoltz today and it should be a good one. Smoltz has something to prove after his blow-out in his first start, so it won't be no easy ride for the Mets today. Pedro didn't pitch that bad in his first game, he got what 12k's which is great but he gave up a few aswell...

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yea they are pretty bad at the moment, i could put all the blame on their bullpen, cause well they do suck in that area.

Smoltz could get rocked again today, who knows, pedro did have a solid first outing, he had one bad inning and then settled down for yes 12 k's, pedro will be pedro but can smoltz be that closer we are used to seeing?

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If Smoltz blows out again, you think he will go back to being a closer?

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Smoltz looks like he is doing ok so far, 2 innings pitched and 5k's... It could be another bad day for the Mets but we will have to wait and see...

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its been a pitchers dual today, but in the top of the 8th Carlos Beltran nailed a homerun, a two run shot to get a 2-1 lead, and then floyd topped another homer for a back to back shot to gain a 3-1 lead

Smoltz with 15 k's, and Pedro with 8 k's and 2 hits and 1 ER.

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sounds like its been a good game so far... Can't say the same for the Yankees!

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh man the Mets just slammed another home run to gain a 5-1 lead, looks like Pedro has his first win.

TRD

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah and how glad am i that they pulled Smoltz ...

He got great stats for my team..

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Both Pitchers did pitch very well, but i got the win with Pedro, and 9 k's, which is better than no win's.

new topics

top topics

join