It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: ichiro 400 watch

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is a few players hitting up near that mark, but they won't do it either. It's some going to end up with an average over .400 at the end of the season..

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
He's batting .312 at the moment and will have to start picking it up soon if he is to have a chance... What was he hitting at this time last season?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i don't know what he was batting at this point last year, but for this year at least 400 is out of the question for him, 312 is a good average for most players but far under what he is capable of, i don't think he is real happy with the situation in seattle, they were supposed to be an improved team this year but again are dismal

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Big walk-off double by Sexson to win it in the bottom of the ninth for the M's today.

Ichiro went 1-4 and is now batting .310.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ichiro is officially in a slump.

His 1 for 5 tonight drops him to .302

As you said tj, thats still a good average but he's proved he a better hitter than that. He'll snap out of it and probably go on a tear, thats just how this game works.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So no hope this season, maybe he'll have a better team around him next year.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ichiro's 0-for-5 today leaves him at .295.

Again, not a bad average but I never thought I'd see Ichiro fall under .300. He'll get that average back up soon enough though.

I also noticed Adrian Beltre left today's M's game, they need his bat in the lineup despite his disappointing season so far. Said he had tightness in his hamstring.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ichiro personally stranded six runners, three in scoring position, and his ongoing struggles are becoming an increasingly serious concern. He is hitting .167 (7 for 42) in June, following a .288 May.

Asked if this was the most frustrating stretch he has had since he left Japan, Ichiro replied, "I can't put a number on it, if this is the most or not, but when you're not getting it done and not seeing results, it's frustrating."

He came up with runners on first and third in the second inning and grounded out to short. He came up in the same situation in the fourth, and popped out to left. With a runner on second in the sixth, he grounded out to short. And with a runner on first in the eighth, he lined sharply to right.

the m's hit 145 on this road trip with runners in scoring postition and with beltre being out for a few games at least things are looking bleak in seattle,,,,

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Congrats to Ichiro for getting his 1,000th hit, the 3rd fastest to ever do so. It was a long single off the right field wall.

<< 1  2   >>

join