It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: ichiro 400 watch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Its dropped to .347 now and the Mariners have lost their last 3 now.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
How long before he gets out of his slump?

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It could be any amount of time, as people have stated in the Pujols - Ichiro thread he is one dimensional. If he can't get them 1st base hits he has little else to offer. No power numbers to help the side out, maybe thats why they have lost thier last 3...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ichiro hit .356 in April, 68 points higher than his career average for the first month, and an eye-popping 101 points better than the sluggish .244 he had in 2004. His 36 hits last month were 10 more than he had in April last year. Ichiro, whose final .372 average last year was about 20 hits shy of .400, discussed his chances of doing what no one has done since Ted Williams hit .406 in 1941. "It has been many years since anyone hit .400," he said. "I don't know if I'll ever do it. I just want to be a player people say has a chance. But it is probably best that no one does it, then no one expects it can be done." Mariners hitting coach Don Baylor suggested last year that if Ichiro could hit .350 in April he could hit .400 for the season. Baylor has not changed his mind.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So, it's looking pretty good for him. What is his best month, typically?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
his stats are the best in the month of may where he is a 390 hitter, we will see how he does this year

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
tj, would you say that this month will make or break his attempt at reaching .400?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
of course it will have a big bearing on how he will do this year, in order to hit the magic 400 EVERY month must be a great one, the further into the season, the more at bats, the harder it is to bring your average up, i would think that he needs to be at or near 400 this month in order to have any chance, but of course like last year he is capable of going on a tear and being unstoppable for a period of weeks at a time....

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I dont think it's out of the question, it'll be extremely difficult but if there's anyone in the league that has a chance, it would be Suzuki.

We all know he's one of the best hitters in baseball right now.......

Did anyone happen to see him rob Garrett Anderson of a homerun last night? Unbelievable catch, he scaled the wall and caught what was a sure homerun. Right now it's up on MLB.com's homepage if you get a chance to see it, they usually only keep up the previous days highlights up though.

Here's a pic, you can see how high he got up.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i was watching the game and it was a great catch, he said he used to practice that move during practice in japan but had never done it in a game before, it is the highlight of the season so far for the mariners

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I didn't catch the video, but that pic lookes impressive enough.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
they just said on the game that ichiro has only swung and missed 13 pitches in 93 at bats this season, amazing hand eye coordination.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hey tj, did you happen to see Ichiro rob Ryan Klesko of a homerun in the 3rd inning tonight? Beautiful catch.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
haven't had the game on tonight, he has been practicing climbing the right field wall, he almost got one last night that landed in the second row

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Where's his batting average at as of now?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
he is batting 331 so far this season, has a long ways to go to be up in the 400 area

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Do you think that he's now too low to even consider .400 for the season?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
he is not out of it by any means but it will be tough, he can go on a tear at any time and raise his average 50 points pretty quick, he needs to put a couple of good months together

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't think he will do it..

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
it will be a hard road for him to do it this year, he is having a good year by ordinary standards but to hit 400 he would have to start out on fire and stay on fire for the entire season, i think he is pressing too much since th erest of the club is falling down offensively....maybe next year

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join