It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: 38 minor leagers suspended for steroids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
38 minor league players have been suspended for testing positive for steroids, one of them received a 60 day suspension meaning it is the third time he has been cought, i would say that baseball has a major problem on it's hands

espn.go.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
one of them received a 60 day suspension meaning it is the third time he has been caught

This is such a sham. Let's see, if I were on 'roids, and got caught 3 times, do you think all that would happen to me would be to lose my paycheck for 60 days? Doubtful. I'd be in lockup for at least that long, more than likely longer.

Disgusting, they call this s "policy" to deter the use of steroids.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I say that if I was using 'roids for 3 years, my criminal record would build but my health would diminish eventually because these aren't good for you. Everyone knows this and I don't know why they take them. Oh yeah, they think they make them a better player. If you were a good player, you would know right from wrong and work for the spot!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
They should do a crackdown on all major sports for this BS. 38 in the minors alone I dont even want to think how many major leaguers are on the juice. I would bet more than 30-40%.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I heard tht it was 38 in just the cactus league, they don't even have the results form the Grapefruit league yet...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
since steroids are illegal i can't understand why these guys aren't charged and prosecuted, they should spend their suspension time in the lockup....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
since steroids are illegal i can't understand why these guys aren't charged and prosecuted, they should spend their suspension time in the lockup....

I would agree with you, but I don't think that is what happens in other fields of work.

new topics

top topics

join