It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: ready for opening day !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
today i made my annual spring trip the the mariners team store, got an edgar martinez career highlight tee shirt, the mariner media guide, a stack of schedules,and a sticker for the car, next week i will pick up a new mariner cap for the season, i have arranged to have the afternoon of opening day off from work so i will have plenty of time to settle in with a bowl of chips and get comfortable for the first game of the season......PLAY BALL :party-smiley-018:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hear that tj!!

I cant wait for the season to start either. One good thing about baseball is that there's a game on every single night. I plan on catching alot of Phillies games again this year, that new park is just gorgeous and I like the team that the Phils are fielding. The division got alot tougher with the moves that the Mets, Braves, and Marlins made but it will be interesting.

I'll bet you're a little more excited than usual tj with the Mariners being very active in this off-season. Adding guys like Beltre and Sexson should definitely make a big impact on the M's. They can both knock the heck out of the ball.

2 more weeks. :party-smiley-018:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
15 days, 20 hours, and 35 minutes to be exact..LOL

the M's don't have all that good a spring training record but they seem to be coming together the last week or so, the starters have been pitching well and sexson hit his first homer of the spring yesterday (a tape measure job) you bet i am excited...not only do we have another baseball season to look forward to it means that summer will soon be here, while we haven't had much winter weather to speak of this year that is always a good thing

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
6 days, 18 hours, and 43 minutes till the opener and the M's are on tv tonight against the cubs :party-smiley-018:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am looking forward to the start of the season, it should be a great and interesting one what with the steroids scandal. What do you think will win the homerun title this year? 45 or so?

[Edited on 3/30/2005 by Genrou]

TRD

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yankees v Red Sox....

Tied up at 1-1 in the 3rd...

We got it on over here in the UK! :party-smiley-018:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
glad you are able to see the game, pretty ugly so far, yanks up 3-1 and looking like they might add to that lead

TRD

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Toejam i went to bed in the end and didn't watch it all it was like 2.30am here lol!

Some games started early today and some big scores so far...

Det 11 KC 2

Mil 9 Pit 2

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
i have the mets and reds on till the mariners game starts, martinez looks fantastic so far, 12 strikeouts in 5 innings pitched today

TRD

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've got the MLB gameday for the updates.. Pretty good!

Just looking at my players that are playing today and they ain't doing too good lol!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
the gameday does look like a pretty good deal, i always sign up for the stat tracker on yahoo, lots of fun to follow your guys along during the games....my guys haven't really started yet today, they all play later, keeping my fingers crossed that i can knock off PA this year

TRD

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Heh, i think its going to be real tough this year. It could go to anyone....

Well at least Sosa has 2/2 for me so far...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
gotta make a mariners fan out of ya TRD...the pregame show is on and there is about a half hour till the opening pitch, some band is playing some real bad music...the radio started their coverage of the game at 5am this morning, got to hear them talk about what they were doing to the field to get it ready on my way to work..LOL

TRD

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hehe, well yeah Mariners are ok i guess, but i got to stick with the A's... Well someone has to lol!

Ben

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All is good cause the yanks won the opener agaisnt the Red Sox, i have to say johnson was impressive.

The Mets are doing pretty well too, im excited for them today, especially with Pedro having 12 k's, and beltran with a homer.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
moyer mows down th etwins in the top of the first and the season is underway
hey ben, you might want to take another look at the mets score!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ichiro has his first hit of the year and sexson banged a 3 run homer, moyer has 3k's in the first 2 innings....amriners lead 3-0 after an 1 1/2 :party-smiley-018:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
ahh baseball season started again..... all is right with the world. Go Yankees!

new topics

top topics

join