posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 08:23 AM
now that we have had a couple of days to digest what went down in dc i am interested in your thoughts.....although i didn't get the chance to see the
hearings i have read enough on them to have a few opinions,
1) jose canseco is a worm, his only purpose is to sell his book, a hypacrite of the first order, this will be his legacy along with the time the ball
bounced off his head and went over the wall for a home run.....
2) big mac came out of the hearings in a tie for the biggest loser, marc had every opportunity to deny steroid use and he didn't (couldn't) in my
book he could be the next pete rose
3) selig and fehr finished in a dead heat with macGwire for biggest losers, they definitly deserved the heat from congress that they received, there
is enough blame to go around here and they deserve their share for creating the policies that allow, and in a backhanded way condone, this type of
4) where is the outrage from the players who have lost or been denied the opportunity to play in the majors because they have relied on their god
given talent and not taken the easy way to the top? if i was a career minor leaguer or a player on his way up and i found out that i was competing for
a job against a "chemicaly enhanced" teammate i would be outraged....all the years of practice and dedication wasted because i wouldn't stick a needle
in my butt......
5) how deep does this go and where will it all end?
these are some of my thoughts, i will be interested to read yours