It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Barry Bonds speaks out at spring training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Barry Bonds sidestepped a peppering of steroids questions in the very way teams avoid pitching to him -- and did it with the same prickly demeanor that has defined him for years.

Bonds angrily avoided inquiries about his role in baseball's steroid scandal upon his arrival at spring training Tuesday, pronouncing himself weary but ready to resume his pursuit of Hank Aaron's home run record.

He called reporters liars, and pointed to problems in the world he considers much more important than steroids, such as alcoholism and drug abuse.

Rest of story.......

www.sportsline.com...

I saw his comments from the press conference on ESPN.

The one thing I didn't like was how we had to bring up the race issue. When asked about passing Babe Ruth, he said....
"Babe Ruth aint black either. I'm black. Blacks, we go through a little more".

What does race have to do with anything???

[Edited on 2-22-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
from what i saw of the barry bonds arrival he believes that the best defense is a good offense, there are a lot of questions that barry needs to address and pretending that there isn't a cloud hanging over his head isn't the way to do that, bringing up the race issue is nothing more than a smoke screen, c'mon barry.....grow up

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Playing Devils advocate here, but what if he is telling the truth? What can he say to prove it, other than what he has said.

Not that I beleive it, but how could he prove it?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm assuming that had Roger Maris played today, or Ruth, that they too would be under investigation? Just because you can hit the long ball doesn't mean your juiced up.

top topics

join