It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Braves add Raul Mondesi

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Raul Mondesi passed inspection Friday, convincing the Atlanta Braves he is sound - physically and mentally - and ready to commit to the team for the 2005 season.

Braves general manager John Schuerholz confirmed the team has signed Mondesi to a one-year contract only after "we did a lot of due diligence" in investigating the problems that shortened Mondesi's 2004 season with Pittsburgh and Anaheim.

LINK

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I like the addition and all I expect is average numbers.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i think this is a risky pick, raul was a loose cannon last year, he could well be the same this time around, or he might have grown up over the winter and be a good pickup for the braves....

how's that for going out on a limb

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They can have him, he's nothing but trouble. Not only did he cause alot of problems in Pittsburgh and Anaheim last year, but the year before he was a huge distraction in the Blue Jays and Yankees clubhouses before just walking away from the Yanks in the middle of a game because he was lifted for a pinch-hitter never to return. There's just some athletes whose talents are not worth the headaches and distractions to the other members of the team.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Anyone want to make a wager how long he'll last in Atlanta with Bobby Cox a no-nonsense manager?

top topics

join