It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Two Fans to sue the Yankees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Two New York Yankees fans are suing the team after one of them was kicked out of Yankee Stadium.

Nick Malossi and his friend Jerry Lonergan say they were humiliated after Malossi was booted from the stadium for taking a picture of catcher Jorge Posada's wife in the stands.

Lonergan is legally blind. Malossi says he told the security guard that if he was being thrown out, he had to go back to bring his friend out with him. He wasn't able to do so, and now both men say they feel slighted by the organization, the security guards, and Laura Posada.

link

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I can understand the fan's frustration, but why does EVERYTHING have to be a lawsuit???

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yea i agree, people are pushing things a bit too far.

Ok he wasnt allowed to take a picture, couldn't they have just told him not to? Or did he get out of his pram and give them some shyte?

Either way it sucks, btw i'm not being funny but what was a blind man doing watching a baseball game? I have heard of a blind man watching soccer and his friend gives him running commentry on the game...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
btw i'm not being funny but what was a blind man doing watching a baseball game?

It says he's legally blind which I think means he can see but not just well enough to hold a drivers license, etc.

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ahhh ok i see.....

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Ahhh ok i see.....

Pun intented??

:party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yeah i thought i would throw one in at the end....

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Do you think it was wrong to kick this guy out?

Do you think it was wrong not to let him go back & get his friend?

Do you think that a lawsuit would be filed without first trying to work something out with the Yankees?

Let me answer all 3 for you: Yes, Yes and No. And when the Yanks refused to make some recompense, the lawyer said ok, we'll let a judge decide if those slights are worthy of compensation. My guess is the lawyer is taking the case on a % basis which leads me to believe that if the Yanks won't voluntarily recompense this guy, a judge or jury probably would. I see nothing wrong with this picture, that is, except for the high and mighty acts of the Yankees.

BTW, it is my understanfding that even totally non-sighted persons enjoy the atmopshere of being present at a live event.

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
To be honest i think it is a joke he is asking for compensation. Not only a joke a bloody disgrace. Yeah it was wrong to throw him out and leave his friend alone. But we don't know the full story. He may have got a bit out of hand, thats why he was thrown out. Who knows?

Maybe the handling of the situation was not the best, the Yankees should have given him a couple of free tickets and sent him on his way.

Bloody freeloader..Next a player will have bad breath and breathe on someone and get sued for polluting their airspace...

[Edited on 26/11/04 by TRD]

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Whoa there big fella! A "bloody disgrace"? Blimey, isn't that overstating the case.

Look. If the guy thinks he has a claim - let him pursue it. I can promise you that (under the law, and it is under the law that we live) if he is entitled to something for the NYY's being such jerks, he'll get something. If not, and there is more to the story, as you suggest, he won't. Where's the friggin' disgrace?

The bad breath issue will have to be evaluated on a case by case basis - can't help you there without more specific facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What I said was more of a blanket statement that it seems everything that doesn't go someone's way, they want to sue. I honestly dont know the details of the story nor do I care, it just seems we live in a sue-happy society anymore, everyone wants something for nothing. It doesnt sound as if these two were treated properly but I dont know if that warrants a monetary compensation.

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As i'm not up with the law in the US i will say hrmmm...

Maybe it's about time they changed it.

When i say disgrace, i think some people push it a bit far with compensation claims for ridiculous accusations.

Maybe they have a legit claim and the security staff at the Yankee stadium was well out of order. If they roughed him up a bit and smashed up his camera or something then yea thats out of order.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I know what you're saying, but, what, he should just take it? If everybody who got screwed over by the Man (here the NYYs) just shrugged it off and said, well, I guess that's just the way things are, people like the NYY are given free rein to treat the average Joe guy like crap.

Maybe next time around they (NYY) will think twice about being so G-D Draconian (I've been waiting to use that word for a while). You know what? To me, it's a good thing. And it's not "something" for "nothing". If indeed it was nothing, as you say, and neither of us know the facts, then you know what? He'll get nothing. And that won't be decided by his lawyer or the Yankees' lawyer - but by an impartial judge/jury. Last time I checked, a lawyer never gave an award to anybody. Judges & juries do - and juries are everyday people.

TRD

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

ALBANY - A pair of irate New York Yankees fans slapped the Bronx Bombers with a $6 million civil rights suit.

Malossi claims he was ejected from the game by Yankees security guards without explanation after he took a picture of Laura Posada in the stands about 30 feet away with a crowd of people sitting around her.

LINK

$6 million????

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think TRD i just lucky that his wife doesn't sue him for his bad breath...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And yeah, 6 mill is a little bit out-of bounds.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If $6M were AWARDED, that would be out of bounds. You can sue for whatver you bloody well please. It's what you get that counts.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
good point, but why not sue for a reasonable figure?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Sue for a larger figure - get a little more press - draw a little more attention to the case. A lawyerly tactic. Sounds crummy, right? If that was all there was to it I would agree. But you know what the other side will do the same thing - "There is no basis for this claim" -even if there is; "Our people acted professionally at all times" - even if they didn't. It's all part of a game - a dance, if you will. Not on a ballroom floor or the diamond or the gridiron but in the papers and the Court. One side overhypes the other side underplays. This of course does not apply to the bad breath issues. There are no real answers for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
For that, may I suggest either this -

or this -

top topics

<<   2 >>

join