It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Pavano - wheres he heading?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So whats the deal with Marlins pitcher Carl Pavano?

They have offered him a $21 million deal for three years but it looks like other teams are trying to step in. It looks like he has had talks with the Braves and the Mets, but the Phillies have an offer on the table.

Saying that none of these team could get him as the favourites to land him is the Red Sox. He has had talks but no offer has been made. With a meeting scheduled for today with the Yankees, they might not him slip out of their grasp.

Or will the fat cats get him with a bumper deal and land him at the stinking Yankees.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
watch for pedro to head over to new york and watch pavano end up with the sox, i'm thinking a 4 or 5 year contract. i'm sure lowe will be gone too, but i'm not sure who the sox will replace him with yet.

Ben

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thats all what is in the papers in the city is- well in the sports section- pavano will most likely either sign with the sox's or the yanks, but the yanks need pitching

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
well the yanks will go out and buy pitching, but i think pavano has a relationship with schilling, and i just think that the yanks are gonna pursue pedro hard, and probably get him, which gives the red sox money to go after pavano with a decently long contract. we'll see what happens. i'd much rather have pavano than pedro.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I dont think the Yanks will be fooled into pursuing Pedro as hard as you say.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i still don't think that pedro is old enough to play for the yanks..i hear that they are after mudcat grant

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My guess is that the Yanks will hope to drive up Pedro's price to make life difficult for the Sox. I don't think that will work anymore. Lucchino and Epstein probably have a take it or leave figure in mind and won't get into a bidding war. Ultimately I think Pedro will stay in Boston. I am not sure if they can afford Pavano as well. The real question in Boston is Varitek.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
we just offered pedro 40 mil over 3 years. i don't think we'll go any higher than that, no matter what the yanks are gonna do.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Are those figures right? I didn't think the Sox wanted to give Pedro 3 years. Otherwise, you are correct sir.

new topics

top topics

join