It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: World Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok. I don't really like baseball so I feel weird typing this. I know the world series is long over but I just felt like I should say this and see what everyone thought.
I never really watch baseball. In fact, I'd rather watch golf for some odd reason. Maybe because it helps me fall asleep faster. Anyhoo, for some strange reason, I was very compelled to watch the world series this year. Maybe it was because Boston hasn't won in like 80 years or so and the whole curse thing, but I just wanted to know if anyone else felt that this world series was more special than the previous ones. Maybe it's also because the Yanks keep going and they weren't in this year. I don't know. Just curious on your thoughts! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm nop t much of a baseball fan either, but this year's series was special, mainly because of the 'sox and that dreaded curse. Now maybe the cubbies can get there, and we can stop hearing about that curse, too...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Doesn't the Cubs curse have something to do with a goat? That's so funny. What other teams have a curse?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yeah, what is the deal with the goat?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Supposedly a coach or fan or something for the cubs a long time ago brought a goat to every game and they won the world series for a while. Then someone banned the goat and they haven't won a world series in forever so it was called the curse of the goat. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's pretty much it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
talk about a stupid curse...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No kidding. At least it was broken though! I was so happy that the yanks didn't go this year. Gave some other teams a chance for once.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah, tired of hearing about the da#n Yankees...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm just as tired of the Sox as well though

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think Gibbs Baby was referring to the Cubbies goat curse as a stupid curse. He's right this time - I agree. It was funny to hear people saying the curse was reversed after the Sox beat the Yanks. Untrue. The curse was being forbidden from winning the whole shooting match. I think the Babe figured the Sox had suffered enough. Some say the Bosox no longer have the monkey (the curse that is) on their back - others think they no longer can fall back on it as an excuse. In any case, a pretty impressive run by those idiots. Johnny Damon rocks.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
it was awesome! thank god especially after the loss of the previous year. that year they lost i like disowned the red sox and destroyed everythign in my room and put everything i had of sox outa my sight. so yeah this year was much better.
. i knew we could win the world series if we got there but stupid yanks... piss me off. they get paid too much. A-rod deserves that team. that good for nothing hand slapper!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Did anyone else see the email photo that made the rounds with A-Rod carrying a purse running down the 1st base line? Very funny. A-Rod and Cheater, I mean Jeter deserve each other. It was bad enugh that A-Fraud knocked the ball out of the pitcher's (Arroyo's)hand - what was worse was the indignation and denial that he did anything wrong. I can still see Jeter in the dugout giving the "safe" sign. What a smug jerk. I hate the Yankees. The Yankees suck. But this years team has to be the most unlikeable bunch yet. I don't even like Skeletor - I mean Mariano Rivera. It was tough to really despise Brosius and O'Neill. But this group (except maybe Bernie Williams) is bad news.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ming, yeah, I was talking about the goat. Thanks for the props!

Seems you don't like the Yanks all that much, either...

And I'm pretty positive that RedSox doesn't like them

top topics

join