It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: tj's lucky day....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
way back in april as my birthday present mrs tj bought us a pair of tickets to the mariners, kansas city game next saturday...since she was born in texas and lived in missouri she always gets tickets to a game when a team from one of those places is in town...well due to last nights rain out in kc, next saturdays game will be the first doubleheader in safeco field history...not a day night affair but an old fashioned two for the price of one doubleheader....i am thrilled at the prospect of being able to see two games from the best seats safeco field has to offer....mrs tj isn't....she can put up with one game a year, but the thought of sitting there all day has given her the shivers..lol, by the way...the lucky part of my day was the double header...not mrs tj not wanting to go....

Ben

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
so the game is tom?

congrats tj you got lucky there have fun man

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
the game(s) is next saturday the 28th...sure did get lucky, will get there real early and not leave till after the last out...will be a long day of baseball

Ben

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
hopefully the weather will hold up for you

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
hopefully it will, it is a lot nicer when it is a pretty day, if not they can always close the roof and play indoors, gonna see 2 games rain or shine

Ben

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yea good point there i forgot that it was that type of stadium.

It would be a lot nicer outdoors, with the sun shining and things like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
it really would be a lot nicer, there are views from the stadium of downtown seattle, and out over puget sound and the olympic mountains, it is a beautiful stadium, not to mention the 40 or so miles of bumper to bumper traffic, so hopefully the weather will hold

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
sounds like a great deal for you, tj. Be nice the the mrs....

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
yesterday was the day i got to go to safeco field to see the mariners twin bill, the day didn't start off too bright as i got my windshield smashed by a rock from a truck in the middle of seattle traffic, the first game was a thriller, won by the m's 9-7, they fell behind 4-0 in the first 2 innings but came from behind to win,in the second game the m's fell behind again in the early innings trailing 3-0 after one, they tied it up in the bottom of the 9th and went on to win in the 12th inning, it was a great day in spite of the windshield, even got to see the roof on the stadium close, that was really amazing, couldn't even tell it was moving till it cought your eye, totally silent, took a full inning to close all teh way, it looked like the mother ship in the movie independence day...a couple of the young mariners showed some real promise, bucky jacobson-a boog powell power hitting first baseman put one into the upper deck and just missed a grand slam by about a foot, he has 9 homers since being called up from tacoma, a reliever named baek who pitched 2 shutout innings in the night cap and earned the win....

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sounds like an excellent time was had by all. How did the wife enjoy it?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
believe it or not she enjoyed her day of peace and quiet without me, i can't understand why she would rather stay home instead of watching a double header but that's just me

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
believe it or not she enjoyed her day of peace and quiet without me, i can't understand why she would rather stay home instead of watching a double header but that's just me

new topics

top topics

join