It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Cubs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I can't believe how the Cubs keep blowing games, they should win.
i know they got a fairly easy schedule for the rest of the season and should get the wild card
but im looking at the dodgers and the padres and thinking bloody hell its typical how they always do it the hard way lol
(Sosa must go down the order)

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Anyone else think that Sammy might be starting to slow down? He's always been a bad-ball hitter but I notice after watching a few games that he just doesn't hit bad pitches like he used to...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The Cubs are kind of an incosistent team. Sosa will go 4-4 with 3 HR's and then strike out 10 times. They just don't have enough players that are consistent on a daily basis like rolen, Bonds, pujols, Crawford, etc. And though their starting rotation is good with Maddux, Wood, Prior, and Clement... They don't have a very good bullpen. they proved that tonight by giving up 6 in the 9th inning. Also I was hoping that Maddux would keep losing, then get his 300th win against the Braves. I am a braves fan and would have loved to see that. But he got it against my other favorite team, The Giants.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sammy really became the big producer he is/was when he learned how to lay off bad pitches and pound the ball to right field and he's just not doing that for some reason. I'm sure you have all heard all the speculation so I won't bore you but he really is not getting to the outside pitch at all and when he does he tries to pull it. He needs to start trying to go to right field again and it will come back to an extent. I do think he has lost a bit of bat speed and if you look at his sleeves now they aren't nearly as tight as they used to be... Hmmmm a trend with baseball players here? But I don't speculate
Really, I am a huge Cubs fan but his act is getting old!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I used to really like Sosa, kinda how I like bonds. But over the last year or two... he's gotten kinda boring. He either Strikes out or hits a homer it seems like. he's just getting boring. he needs to do what he did in '01 when he had like 6 3-HR games. but like I said. Sosa, Alou, Ramirez and others can put up big numbers... but there not consistent from day-to-day.

top topics

join