It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: The Curse of the Nomar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
From deans-list.net...:

If defense wins championships, then the Boston Red Sox are three steps closer to winning a World Series for acquiring Doug Mientkiewicz, Orlando Cabrera and Dave Roberts just before the trade deadline. That's the good news for Red Sox fans. The bad news? Pardon my language, but after eight years of Hall of Fame service, Nomar is "no mas" in Boston. If Garciaparra's Cubs play the Red Sox in the World Series, it'll be the biggest story of the young sports century. And if Chicago wins it all at Boston's expense, the Bambino won't be the only one cursing Red Sox Nation...

You don't have to play eight seasons in Boston to know that the singular of Red Sox is Red Sox - unless you're Nomar. During his farewell interview, Garciaparra reflected, "If it was under my control, I'd still be wearing a red sock uniform."

The fashion-conscious shortstop went on to add, "They can take the shirt off my back, but they can't take away the memories." But since the botched A-Rod trade last winter, it seemed Nomar would have given the shirt off his back just to get out of Boston...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanchristopher
During his farewell interview, Garciaparra reflected, "If it was under my control, I'd still be wearing a red sock uniform."

HAHAHAHA!!! Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I still can't believe the Red Sox got Roberts for practically nothing...stealing 30 something bases so far this year and being caught only once (on a busted play) makes him one of the best leadoff hitters in the game...he's been slumping in terms of batting average lately but when he plays the team wins.

new topics

join