It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: yankees $150 autograph session

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
in the usa today newspaper i read that in spring training the yankees held a team autograph session and charged fans $150 for half an hour....i find this outrageous...these players certainly don't need the money, the yankees don't need the money, and who is getting shortchanged, how about the kids who would hang on the fence to get a autograph from their hero's, what is this teaching the next generation of baseball fans....that everything has a price, even a signature on a piece of paper, i realize that autographs are a big busines these days but i find this whole thing real sad

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Odds are that if you got every Yanks autograph, it would be worth more than $150.

However, all the other teams will fork over the signature for free, and it is only because it is the Yankees.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
they are worth more than the $150 price tag, the article talked about a guy who flew in from california for the event, got Arod to sign copies of sports illustrated with him on the cover and was selling them for $200,,,he paid for his trip this way, i just feel that the players owe it to the fans who are in one way or another paying their salaries, to at least sign reasonable autographs requests for free, it should just be part of the job

TRD

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sorry to say but everything is money orientated to them. Maybe it is the fan's fault as by obtaining signatures of sports stars in any sport they are selling them for huge sums of money. In soccer in the UK hardly any of the top teams players will sign anymore for free.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As crappy as it is that the Yanks did this,even crappier is the fact that there were people who did pay the $150. These people are the idiots who make these type of things continue. If the fans are willing to pay $150 this year, they'll be willing to pay $200 next year...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And then, the cost to buy them from somebody would be so high, that the idea of getting athletes autographs will not continue due to lack of cash

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i am on the mailing list of a sports card shop in an upscale suburb of seattle, 3 or 4 times a year they have top atheletes in for autograph sessions, the asking price is usually in the $75-150 price range, when ever i get a postcard from them i just shake my head and pitch it in the trash, not only is it out of my price range it would take all the fun out of it for me. i guess the days of waiting outside the stadium for an hour or so after a game to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from your favorite player is long gone,

new topics

top topics

join