It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Big Unit is perfect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Randy just pitched a perfect game, 13 K's

link

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
at age 40 randy is the oldest pitcher to ever pitch a perfecto....WAY TO GO RANDY

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah, what a feat. Didn't he get screwed out of a perfect game a couple of years ago, or was it a no-no?

Ben

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
woah a perfect game that is something else, especially at this age

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
another one that got away from my mariners

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
maybe they can trade for him back

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Nice job Big Unit!

You dont see a perfect game every day, only the 7th one in National League history. I watched the last few innings, Randy's control was awesome. He only allowed one batter to reach a 3 ball count, thats incredible.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Great pitching and a fantastic feat as everyone say's considering his age. How much longer will he pitch for?

Ben

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
with his stuff a while without a doubt.

Was this the best perfect game ever

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Awhile? 1yr..2yrs ?

Whats the age decent pitchers go on to?

Ben

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
30's i do belive, what i mean is about the best perfect game in history of basbball?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
30's i do belive, what i mean is about the best perfect game in history of basbball?

Here's a list of them all -

llink to list

Define the best perfect game?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I was trying to put Randy Johnson's perfect game in perspective when I remembered a quote from Jerry Seinfeld:

"You can't over dry. The same reason you can't over wet. See once something is wet, it's wet. Same thing with death. Like once you die, you're dead, right?
Let's say you drop dead and I shoot you. You're not going to die again, because you're already dead. You can't over die. You can't over dry."

So is the perfect game like wetness? If you're perfect, are you just perfect, or are there degrees of perfection? Can you be over perfect? Can you be under perfect? Finally, the answer hit me like a 98 mile-an-hour fastball: Randy Johnson had pitched an under perfect game.

That's right, the Big Unit's perfect game against Atlanta was below par. Johnson recorded twenty-seven outs in a row on Tuesday night, but two of those outs came against pitcher Mike Hampton. Hampton might be the most competent hitting pitcher in the game today, but he's no pro at the plate. In 1998, David Wells achieved legitimate perfection against the Twins by retiring 27 consecutive hitters. Point being, either AL perfection is over perfect and NL perfection is perfect, or AL perfection is perfect and NL perfection is under perfect. Take your pick.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by deanchristopher]

Ben

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a perfect game is a perfect game no matter what, you have achieved something that only a few pitchers can say i have done this.

You can name basically all the players that have done this, but at 40 its un heard of jsut about. To throw a 98 mph at the last out. thats a great feat.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So, I tkae it you are a fan of the AL, dean? Or do you just hold something against the NL? Orr, is being perfect not perfect enough? what about dry perfection, or perfect wetness?

Just have a beer!

TRD

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Randy Johnson was named the National League Player of the Week on Monday after throwing a perfect game against the Braves.

Johnson also won his other start last week, pitching a total of 16 innings with 18 strikeouts. The big lefthander allowed just four hits and walked one in two starts.

Story Link

top topics

join