It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: MLB season

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As the season is getting more and mre into it. How is each team performing, who is the best, who is the worst? Who is the best pitcher and hitter.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i think that one of the biggest suprises of the year has to be the play of the texas rangers, despite cutting payroll they are producing numbers and are an exciting young team to watch, at this early oint of the season i would have to say that the mariners and A's along with the kc royals are the biggest dissapointments....

TRD

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I guess most teams are performing as expected. Not too many surprises so far.

The NL Central looks like the toughest league so far with everyone so close.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
well i would have to say with the exception of the florida marlins the entire NL east is abysmal. the marlins are the only team in that division above .500.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Detriot and Texas are tied at 15 in the bottom of the 8th, the pitchers are getting shelled! And the amazing thing is there have only been 3 homeruns hit.

The 5th inning had Detroit scoring 8 runs and Texas scored 10, thats a combined 18 runs in ONE inning!!!

I looked up the record for most runs in an inning by both teams.

The most is 19 by the Indians (13) and the Red Sox. (6), they did it in the 8th inning on 4/10/77.

The NL record is held by Chicago (18) and Detroit (0) back in 1883.

Well its still 15-15 and heading to the bottom of the ninth, should be interesting to see who pulls this one out.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have to disagree with the texas being the most surprising team... I have to go with the Detroit tigers. they're unbelievable this year... I see them winning 60 or 70 games this season.

Ben

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
texas might not be surprising but they did have 16 runs in the win last night.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
you are right about detroit...my bad for leaving them out, after looking real good against the yankees on friday night the mariners gave up 4 straight doubles in the 6th and lost to the evil empire last night

Ben

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
yea i left out detriot also, they are playing solid, hopefully they can keep it up.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Got to say Javy Lopez is having a good start to the season and batting a .343 av. Bonds with a .403 av aswell.

Clemens is pitching great for the Astro's with 6 wins.!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How about anaheim? How do they pull it off?

top topics

join